Shenmue 3 DLC.(Quest / Action Based)

Suzuki Yu

blue blue skies.

I will leave you with the quote in this interview..

Suzuki also commented on the post-launch content in the works, saying it will be "something quest-based, and something action-based."

Bisha is a DLC?

I think you might be overthinking it.

But if true, that fuckin sucks for backers.
(In before someone tells me "b-but you were never promised a game nor Baisha !!")
Unless backers will not be affected by this decision.

Still sucks for the initial reception of the game.

Where in that article does it say Baisha has been cut?

Just because we haven't seen Baisha yet in the trailers doesn't mean its not in there.

Just because we haven't seen Baisha yet in the trailers doesn't mean its not in there.

I think that poster might think that because the additionnal content seems to be story content.

If post-game content is side stories and additional quests, I am fully supportive of it. That's my favourite kind of DLC... Can't stand frivolous crap like extra outfits, moves, characters etc that you get in lots of games. I like something more substantial, a bit like Heavy Rain did for those who remember.

I seriously doubt they have just cut up chunks of the game and left it out of the game in order to charge people DLC. People are always banging on about how that's what DLC is now, but it really isn't the case for most games.

I don't see the connection.

They're adding additional quests and action based scenarios. Nowhere in that article does it mention 'We're adding this cool place called Baisha as DLC'.

I think we should perhaps modify the title of this thread as its misleading.

And therefore the question mark in the title?

There are many points lead me to such possibility including the phrasing in this quote.

The consensus among those worried about Baisha seems to boil down to this: 'We have yet to see Baisha; therefore, Baisha has been cut'.

Vaccines also cause autism.

The consensus among those worried about Baisha seems to boil down to this: 'We have yet to see Baisha; therefore, Baisha has been cut'.

Vaccines also cause autism.
It's more than just that.

Suzuki mentioning only 2 major areas during a conference and the leaked trophies suggest the same. (I don't buy that the trophy "complete" means the "third area")

Suzuki mentioning only 2 major areas during a conference and the leaked trophies suggest the same. (I don't buy that the trophy "complete" means the "third area")
"Major" is pretty subjective and even vague in what qualities it refers to. I don't know if Baisha is cut or not (hope not), but I was expecting it to be something more akin to Guilin than Wan Chai or Kowloon. Guilin is obviously a very significant aspect of S2, but I wouldn't call the area "major" in the sense that you couldn't fully explore it like the preceding two areas. It was a jam-packed linear experience.

Perhaps Baisha is heavy on plot, and he doesn't want to give anything away? It's where the Chi You Men's Guilin headquarters is based, after all. Serious shit is gonna go down there. For all we know, the room in that fantastic screenshot of Lan Di could very well be in one of the Baisha tulous, and we didn't even know it.

We didn't even see gameplay until Tuesday just gone. It seems like a conscious decision to me.

If post-game content is side stories and additional quests, I am fully supportive of it. That's my favourite kind of DLC... Can't stand frivolous crap like extra outfits, moves, characters etc that you get in lots of games. I like something more substantial, a bit like Heavy Rain did for those who remember.

I seriously doubt they have just cut up chunks of the game and left it out of the game in order to charge people DLC. People are always banging on about how that's what DLC is now, but it really isn't the case for most games.

I'm still upset that the remaining DLC episodes for Heavy Rain were canceled in favor of Playstation Move controls. Only the Taxidermist was released.

I'm still upset that the remaining DLC episodes for Heavy Rain were canceled in favor of Playstation Move controls. Only the Taxidermist was released.

Me too! I did quite enjoy the move controls for a while, but it wasn't long until I buried that crap in my closet forever and ever. It's a shame they were pretty much forced into doing that. The Taxidermist was a lot of fun.

Anyways, I foresee Shenmue's DLC will be similar (or like Breath of the Wild's), in the sense it will be more story content, but won't be essential to the game's plot. It'll be side stories or side quests.

Yu Suzuki is a traditional developer and old school. He isn't going to chop his game into chunks or add essential story elements as DLC.

Back