Shenmue 3 Funniest Moments

"Is that all you're made of?"
"Is that supposed to hurt?"
"YOU SON OF A!!!" *gets knocked out of the ring ragdoll style at Rose Garden arena*

Any interaction with a woman that's clearly into Ryo. Half the women were throwing the ass at Ryo so damn hard and hes like "I've got to go".

Them villagers were alarmingly thirsty for that city flavor Ryo waltzed in with.

Two funny moments that spring to mind was:

- Shiren's friendly warning to Ryo about being wifey trapped after Shenhua tortured Yanlang.

- Ryo's utter bewilderment at Mingyang (dude crushing on Shenhua) being flabbergasted that Ryo is possibly "shacking" up with Shenhua and making her cook for him.

Heading to where the more feeble/older villagers live for the first time, Ryo came across a lady that was at the first shrine.. If you spoke to her, it was a great conversation.

I thought that some of the funniest scenes and dialogue involved Ren. Like the conversation Ryo has with Shenhua about him at the hotel after meeting him for the first time in Niaowu. Or when Ren sees Niao Sun and says "Whoa, check out the pair on that one!"

Shenhua's integration of Yanlang and his responses everytime she suggests doing it again. While not really appropriate at the time, I had to laugh at Ryo's line to Ren, "how are we even friends?'. The way he delivers it just sums up perfectly the entire history between the two of them.

I don't know about everyone else, but I so wanted there to be a moment between Ryo and Ren where they have to decide who is going to do something, Ryo suggests tossing for it and Ren forgets he gave his double headed/tailed coins to him.

When Ryo doesn't want to catch chickens and Master Sun is about to quit on him. And Ryo says, "Hold your chickens. I'll do it."

That line is so cringey yet sassy.
So time will tell if that will be a love or a hate moment for me.

- Losing the fight to the Pai-like character.
Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping 2019-11-20 22-33-01-86.jpg

- Talking to Nozomi about Shenhua
- Talking to Tom about anything
- Ryo bullying Fang Mei out of nowhere
- Lots of Chobu-chan placements
- Choubu-chan Fighter in general
- That middle-aged shop owner lady who was upset the Red Snakes DIDN'T come to harass her like they did with other female shop owners

Probably the funniest to me so far was attempting to ask the fat fishing guy in Bailu about anything and having him go off on a bizarre, lengthy tangent about people who are obsessed with fishing.

Them villagers were alarmingly thirsty for that city flavor Ryo waltzed in with.

Two funny moments that spring to mind was:

- Shiren's friendly warning to Ryo about being wifey trapped after Shenhua tortured Yanlang.

- Ryo's utter bewilderment at Mingyang (dude crushing on Shenhua) being flabbergasted that Ryo is possibly "shacking" up with Shenhua and making her cook for him.

I think the village has a shortage of "young" men like him which is why this this is going on. Not enough "ripe" males to go around I guess.

Last edited:
I think the villager has a shortage of "young" men like him which is why this this is going on. Not enough "ripe" males to go around I guess.
Shenhua actually says something about this in one of the night-time chats. She says the village is mostly just women, children, and elderly because all the working age men are off in Niaowu making money.

I laughed when Ryo arrived at Niaowu and handed the attendant his bag, and the attendant struggles not to drop it indicating it was heavy. I thought that was a nice touch.

I loved interrogating Yanlang and Shenhua's involvement in that. I also like to think that this was a subtle nod to Shenhua's powers - something I absolutely loved about Shenmue 2 and I don't want to give up hope that it was retconned entirely. Ugh

I loved interrogating Yanlang and Shenhua's involvement in that. I also like to think that this was a subtle nod to Shenhua's powers - something I absolutely loved about Shenmue 2 and I don't want to give up hope that it was retconned entirely. Ugh
I think that it was more than a subtle nod, but rather a direct reference, to Shenhua's powers. I don't think there's any chance that her having special powers has been retconned, considering this scene.

I think the funniest part for me was at the end of the game when my father's literal murderer was at the top of the staircase, but instead of fighting him I spent 20 minutes gathering herbs to exchange for money to exchange for Thai energy drinks so I wouldn't die. I was crying laughing because it was like playing a video game version of Kung Pow Enter the Fist.

Back