Shenmue 3 Russian Localization

Hello everyone,

I am one of the representatives of the localization team in Russia, which translated some of Shenmue III trailers.

We want to become an official localizer to translate the entire game into Russian. To make it happen, we need your support!

We would really appreciate, if you can evaluate our work. Here you can find trailers with our translation (english subtitles are attached). Hope you'll like it!

We collect the reaction of Shenmue fans. So it would be great if you can leave a comment, put like or subscribe on our channel. Thanks!

I'll be honest: It'll difficult for any of us to tell if it's a good localization or not. A foreign language you don't understand will always sound better and more natural to you that is for voices, as for the texts well... But good luck to you !

Good luck for your work. But as GhostTrick already said it is hard to tell for a non native Speaker if the localisation is really good or not. I have have experienced that myself.

English is not my mother tongue and before interacting with real English speaking People and Hearing them talk, I seriously though the English dub of many games at 90s were good. Only after Hearing real People talking I released what was wrong with the dub. No real People talking like that.

Good luck for your work. But as GhostTrick already said it is hard to tell for a non native Speaker if the localisation is really good or not. I have have experienced that myself.

English is not my mother tongue and before interacting with real English speaking People and Hearing them talk, I seriously though the English dub of many games at 90s were good. Only after Hearing real People talking I released what was wrong with the dub. No real People talking like that.

When I was younger, I used to think Shenmue's english dub was great :"""")

Russian would be a great asset to S3. I'm not sure if Deep Silver would be interested in any other dubs but at least subtitles would be a good thing.

Are you in contact with Deep Silver already? What are some of your previous works?

Sounds great to me. Russian really is a distinct and beautiful sounding language... but I don't speak a lick of it, so maybe I'm not the best to judge.

That said, I actually HAVE heard foreign dubs that sounded terrible even to a non-speaker like me, so I hope that's some assurance.

Sounds great to me. Russian really is a distinct and beautiful sounding language... but I don't speak a lick of it, so maybe I'm not the best to judge.

That said, I actually HAVE heard foreign dubs that sounded terrible even to a non-speaker like me, so I hope that's some assurance.
I'm a native Russian speaker and it sounds perfectly fine. I guess they used professional voice actors, because i've heard them in other games.

I found their page on Russian social network. Sadly, but it seems like project is closed and they will do the fansubs. I don't know the reasons.

Hello everyone,

I am one of the representatives of the localization team in Russia, which translated some of Shenmue III trailers.

We want to become an official localizer to translate the entire game into Russian. To make it happen, we need your support!

We would really appreciate, if you can evaluate our work. Here you can find trailers with our translation (english subtitles are attached). Hope you'll like it!

We collect the reaction of Shenmue fans. So it would be great if you can leave a comment, put like or subscribe on our channel. Thanks!

Both sound fine. I wish you the best translating it all. I might try it in Russian like I did Skyrim. Only Odyssey so far sounded OK in Russian. I don't NEED Russian to understand these games though. If you do it with the same quality, you'll be fine as an official localizer.

Back