Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Find difference, and guess who she is?
Don't you think you're micro-managing, requesting revisions on individual strands of hair? Isn't this a pixel art project? You won't even be able to see anything in that degree of detail in pixel art. What is this project, anyway? It seems to be taking quite a while to draw a few characters.

Hello, I am working on the improvement of the graphic style. I want some advices about how to make the game graphic looks more comfortable. My English speaking is not good so my words may looks very weird.
1692373689734.png
The upper image is current graphic style. The characters are pixel style, but the scene is realistic style. It looks werid.
1692373834454.png
The second image comes from 《Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes》, great visual effect.
I want to know the keywords of this image, such as 16-Bits, Pixel art. I am not good at rendering so I can't analyze the main element of this image.
If you want to give some advices, please DM me or make comments on this thread.

Cheers.

Hello, I am working on the improvement of the graphic style. I want some advices about how to make the game graphic looks more comfortable. My English speaking is not good so my words may looks very weird.
View attachment 18675
The upper image is current graphic style. The characters are pixel style, but the scene is realistic style. It looks werid.
View attachment 18676
The second image comes from 《Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes》, great visual effect.
I want to know the keywords of this image, such as 16-Bits, Pixel art. I am not good at rendering so I can't analyze the main element of this image.

Cheers.
I think the top image is perfect, the background colour reminds me of niaowu.

I'm with GuppyKoi, it has its own style and personally it doesn't looks over-realistic but more like a toybox.
However, if you want to try something else you can:
- Use Pixatool or some alternative
- Use Photoshop, Krita or whatever edit software of your likeness which features layer blending. You get one of your textures for a test, duplicate it, and play around with the different array of blending options avaliable. You can duplicate more and more layers and apply others too, also playing with each individual RGB+Alpha channel value to see what comes as result. A black and white layer in between the other blended layers get some interesting results too.
Its easy when you get overdone blending because you get an absurd black image.
As a sidenote, the visuals from Bye Sweet Carole just happened by random, with the author experimenting with Photoshop layer blending as suggested. Good luck!

View attachment 18675
View attachment 18676

Cheers.
I don't see any difference in the art style of both games I think the second image use more image effect like post processing and so on

Current Artists Data:

Name:Water
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/yidishuiWATER
Current works:
1693927601984.png

Name: Willy Chen
Artstation:
Current works:
1420-8.jpg
(Mr.Chen paint the new pose for Shenhua.)

Name:Ball Fish
Contact detail: Mr.Ball wants to keep the mystery so he does not wants me to write it.
Current works:
1420-9.jpg

Message to DOJO friends:
I think no more artworks will be shared and produces this year. Need to control costs. Next year I will plan to make new assets.
There are still 4-5 sprites and 1 concept-illustration in production, I will use them to make concept video and demo.
If everything goes well, I will make and share the concept video this year.
No matter what happens to this project, I hope everyone could enjoy current works for this project at this moment.

Last edited:
Back