spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
In order to get Shenmue 4 the fanbase needs to stay vocal to show that there's a demand for it.

Therefore if anyone notices any "what games do you want/exclusives to any console" post them there and we can drop them a little message. Just to keep things simmering along.

Our social media has been quieter of late, due to staff leaving and a lack of Shenmue news in general. But I am working on getting it more active on a daily basis again. This will take some time however, so for now, enjoy the remainder of the post Shenmue 3 release. We should be fully operational again by July.

Sega Shop are asking the question "Shenmue or Yakuza" on their facebook page at the moment.

It's on twitter too!

I don't know what it is with always pitting the two fan bases against each other, essentially since there's such a big overlap. A lot of Shenmue fans are also Yakuza fans and also on here, we've seen a bunch of Yakuza fans who gave the 2018 Shenmue 1 & 2 ports a shot and have become Shenmue fans in the process.

Personally, if I had to make a choice between one of the two franchises, it would still be Shenmue for me, even after Shenmue 3 but in the real world, it's not like you have to make the choice. You can actually play both series without one diminishing the other but some people can't seem to wrap their head around that fact.

I wouldn't want to imagine the gaming landscape without Yakuza. I'll always hold Shenmue in higher regard but I'm not sure we should fall for this kind of clickbait.

I don't know what it is with always pitting the two fan bases against each other, essentially since there's such a big overlap. A lot of Shenmue fans are also Yakuza fans and also on here, we've seen a bunch of Yakuza fans who gave the 2018 Shenmue 1 & 2 ports a shot and have become Shenmue fans in the process.

Personally, if I had to make a choice between one of the two franchises, it would still be Shenmue for me, even after Shenmue 3 but in the real world, it's not like you have to make the choice. You can actually play both series without one diminishing the other but some people can't seem to wrap their head around that fact.

I wouldn't want to imagine the gaming landscape without Yakuza. I'll always hold Shenmue in higher regard but I'm not sure we should fall for this kind of clickbait.
The question is flawed in my eyes too.

It's asking which do you prefer after a comeback but they never stopped making Yakuza games. Its spanned across 3 generations but has taken a while to take hold in the West.

Shenmue was dead for 18 years and basically only came back because of Yu Suzuki and the fan demand. Two completely different scenarios for me

Why are they teasing us

I wouldn't classify it as a tease. SEGA has to be well aware of the fanbase that Shenmue has, especially now with Shenmue HD selling fairly well enough as a small title and all their Shenmue merchandise selling out quickly on Sega Shop, not to mention Shenmue III.

With Sony continuing to show a passion for indie games into next gen and nostalgia still a *very* prominent factor in the world of gaming(Crash Bandicoot 4, Streets of Rage 4, etc.), it is far more likely we will see Shenmue IV.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sega throw a little more weight behind Shenmue IV if and when it becomes a reality, considering the receptions aforementioned.

We shall see. Sega Europe have been behind quite a bit of Shenmue lately, more so than Japan so any sort of push would need the OK of Japan.

Worst case its more merch for us. Best case... well let's wait and see but keep staying vocal and showing that there's the desire for the series to continue.

That's a lot of Shenmue teasing by Sega in a such short period of time. Are they up to something or what !?
Could it have some sort of connection with the messages that Sega recieved in their 60th anniversary. There wasn't almost a single page that didn't have a message from a Shenmue fan expressing their love for the series.

The game awards are asking which is the first game you think about when you see a dreamcast!

You know what to do?! Let them know via the tweet below!

C´mon, SEGA, we´ll have Alex Kidd DX... We need Shenmue 4 and Virtua Fighter 6... Both could use the same fight rutines... I always imagined the possibilitie to choose an "alternative" version of Akira (Ryo), Pai (Shen hua), Lau (Lan Di) in a Virtua Fighter game.

For those who genuinely felt Shenmue III (or even the HD releases) were your favourite game of the generation. Let the Game Awards know.

Be good to get the Shenmue name in there a little.

Back