Shenmue boombox

I busted my rear buying cassettes and sweets trying to get that damned jukebox. I've won it only once (I also chose red), and soon realized I'd never use it. Shoulda saved the money for portable player batteries.
They say the pile of uneaten caramels tossed near Sakuragaoka park is still melting to this day...

I have won 3 cassette players in one playthrough :D

24-25 december and 1-4 january are lucky days in Shenmue 1. I've won almost all prizes (includind dural gold) except 2 cassette tapes and dural silver.

24-25 december and 1-4 january are lucky days in Shenmue 1. I've won almost all prizes (includind dural gold) except 2 cassette tapes and dural silver.

Along with February 14th and March 14th.

It is worth noting, however, that I've thoroughly debunked the idea of lucky days having any effect at Abe Store (they may still affect the other stores though).

It is worth noting, however, that I've thoroughly debunked the idea of lucky days having any effect at Abe Store (they may still affect the other stores though).
I noticed it is easier to win on December 24th than other days. I've got practically all items at Tomato and Abe Store but It feels impossible to win at Harbor Lounge. I guessed lucky days does not work there.

I did not know about Abe Store. Maybe i was so lucky? I've never got dural gold at Abe Store before. Is there a post about it?

I noticed it is easier to win on December 24th than other days. I've got practically all items at Tomato and Abe Store but It feels impossible to win at Harbor Lounge. I guessed lucky days does not work there.

I did not know about Abe Store. Maybe i was so lucky? I've never got dural gold at Abe Store before. Is there a post about it?

I'm too lazy to find the post right now, but long story short I've drawn literally tens of thousands of raffle tickets on different days and there is no statistical difference between a "lucky day" and any other day. I suspect it's the case for all stores, but it's entirely possible that Tomato Mart does have lucky days.

I just hooked up my newly purchased PS4 about an hour ago, and started my first run of S1 about 15 minutes ago.

It's still the first day, and I swung by Tomato to buy cat food. I concluded with a bag of potato chips, as well as...

1WM1q9MWo32v94CWF5bnFFFUdQfq0yZOYKTUX6PwOuR-EwdWwo1RYKqhWteRgLayZzgyO5XeNlJmXzQUhEVdbzdsy9oEO-...jpg

Last edited:
Back