Shenmue Coasters in Yokosuka ("Sacred Spot Campaign")

Switch

Shenmue analysis at www.phantomriverstone.com
image4365.jpg

These are 4 of the 12 coaster designs that will be on offer in Yokosuka from December, for a new promotion by Yokosuka City & SEGA Japan to mark the upcoming release in Japan of Shenmue I & II on the PS4. The promotion runs from December through to February of next year.

The conditions are that you receive one with a purchase of 500 yen or more at one of 8 shops (plus there will be a free stamp available at Suwa shrine), but the design you get is randomly assigned. Also, making it difficult for collectors, the available designs will be split across two periods.

Sega will even be setting up some life-sized Shenmue character boards (and one of a forklift!) on Dobuita street for photo opportunities.

If anyone is planning a trip to Japan during that time, I've translated the details of the shops:
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/11/shenmue-coaster-collectibles-in.html

Nice to see Sega get right behind the releases over there. Only 9 days to go now. That's crept up awfully quickly.

Wish I could head down there, sounds like it's going to be an awesome time for a Shenmue fan! As a collector, it's going to be a right ball ache trying to hunt down those 12 coasters!

Ah man, it's times like these I wish I was single and could go on adventures again...

Annoying that they will be split over 2 periods. I’d be tempted to head down there and pick them up as it’s not too far for me - but I can’t be bothered to make the trip twice and as a collector, really don’t like the idea of only having half a set.

Nice to see them promoting the game though!

Dedicated is one way of putting it ?

If there is enough interest on here I might head over and pick up a few sets and mail them out to people. Buying multiple sets should make dupes a lot less annoying!

All these darn water ring stains on my tables is awful. If only there were some way to prevent it! *wink* wink*

If there is enough interest on here I might head over and pick up a few sets and mail them out to people. Buying multiple sets should make dupes a lot less annoying!
I would buy a set off of you.

That would be great dude! Because of how random it sounds like the design you might get will be, there's going to be alot of doubles going around, so it would be great to trade / exchange them between us, to hopefully complete a few sets :)

Back