Shenmue Dojo Show - Longform Podcast Discussions & Interviews

20 minutes in already and loving the deep dive. Normally I don't do these as I sort of want to enjoy things for the first time myself, but this is an exception! Keep up the good work :)

James deserves a massive amount of credit for editing this and getting it out as quickly as he has!

20 minutes in already and loving the deep dive. Normally I don't do these as I sort of want to enjoy things for the first time myself, but this is an exception! Keep up the good work :)
Thanks dude! Glad you’re enjoying it, another fairly long episode, but hopefully you’ll think the time flies 😊

Who are the guys one here that do the podcast? Me and a friend want to do one about chilli sauces but was wondering where the best place to broadcast it (guessing YouTube)

yes mate thanks
Oh okay cool, so we use a website called Zencaster which is awesome for recording, it records everyone in the room on their own seperate line so when you finish your recording you can download everyones audio as a seperate file and then chuck them all into a program like audacity and you can edit out specific parts if you want. For example if someone coughed or said something they shouldn’t have, or what I tend to edit out a lot is the majority of err’s and umm’s but still keep the conversation sounding human, maybe typing noises too if someone started typing whilst someone else was talking, you can edit those out indepently of everyone elses audio. Basically it’s really handy.

Zencaster also has this nice built in audio compression that helps to remove background noise, so people tend to sound better in a recording here than on other platforms, in my opinion anyways.

Then we upload the finished edited show to Anchor, which is now called Spotify for Podcasts or something, Spotify bought them out. Totally free to upload shows, and you just link where you want them to go to, a little fiddly to set up but there is guides, and then your shows will auto pop up on things like apple podcasts, spotify, pocket casts etc.

Oh okay cool, so we use a website called Zencaster which is awesome for recording, it records everyone in the room on their own seperate line so when you finish your recording you can download everyones audio as a seperate file and then chuck them all into a program like audacity and you can edit out specific parts if you want. For example if someone coughed or said something they shouldn’t have, or what I tend to edit out a lot is the majority of err’s and umm’s but still keep the conversation sounding human, maybe typing noises too if someone started typing whilst someone else was talking, you can edit those out indepently of everyone elses audio. Basically it’s really handy.

Zencaster also has this nice built in audio compression that helps to remove background noise, so people tend to sound better in a recording here than on other platforms, in my opinion anyways.

Then we upload the finished edited show to Anchor, which is now called Spotify for Podcasts or something, Spotify bought them out. Totally free to upload shows, and you just link where you want them to go to, a little fiddly to set up but there is guides, and then your shows will auto pop up on things like apple podcasts, spotify, pocket casts etc.
Thank you very much!

Back