Shenmue Dojo's 20th Birthday Celebrations

I've been lurking the forum for about 10 years or so and finally decided to make an account here last year near the Shenmue 3 release but man, it's insane how time flies. Happy birthday, Shenmue Dojo and thank you to all of you here for doing what you do. It's communities like this that keep the spirit alive. I couldn't be more proud to be among fans of such a classic and unique franchise.

I thought I should share this as it’s actually 20 years since it happened. Shenmue was out in the UK around this time and saw a lot of it in magazines before it came out and was pretty impressed by it. I was out in my hometown and went into a game store and didn’t have a Dreamcast and saw Shenmue on the demonstration cabinet and decided to start playing it and it was at the beginning after you wake up on the first day and starting to get a feel for it. A couple of hours pass and one of the guys in the store starts laughing and jokes that I’m trying to complete it and I get talking to him as I’m stuck (can’t remember where in the game) and he gives me a strategy guide and I managed to complete the first disc. How long was I in the store playing it? 7 hours! That was my introduction to my favourite franchise of all time.

Last edited:
Back