Shenmue Dreams

There was a thread in the old Dojo forums where people shared their dreams regarding Shenmue... that is to say, actual dreams while sleeping, not "hopes and dreams." It wasn't a continuously active thread, but from time to time people would have some sort of Shenmue-related dream and I found them interesting and sometimes hilarious. So I'd like to start a new thread like that - I don't think anyone else has already, but if I've missed it please feel free to merge this post into it.

The other night I dreamt that I was playing Shenmue I and I discovered that it was possible to change Ryo's outfit to something more like a school uniform. Then, if you were wearing this alternate outfit and went to the Heartbeats bar, a different cutscene would play out. Instead of the mocking bartender delivering that dreaded line and insulting Ryo with a glass of milk, the bartender would be a matronly woman who would lovingly provide a glass of milk, and the other patrons of the bar were also kind and friendly. It was ridiculous, but in the dream I was so excited because I was thinking to myself, "I actually found a Shenmue secret! I can't wait to share this on the Dojo!"

I have the occasional Shenmue dream once in a while. I don't remember the details.

Cool thread! I always enjoy reading and writing about dreams. There's just something quite mystical feeling about them.

I have a Shenmue dream every so often, but they're never too interesting. I think my goofiest one was finding out that Shenmue III is exclusively forklift driving from the first game, but being thrilled with it anyway.

Another one is playing III and walking up a path to Bailu; stopping on a wooden bridge at the outskirts and looking at the river below. Sounds boring, but in my dream it was so scenic and detailed. I really want Shenmue III to be like that dream haha.

Last edited:
Back