Shenmue I & II PC with Intel HD Graphics 3000?

Hi. I haven't posted on here in a really long time, but would anybody know if Shenmue I &II can run at all on Intel HD Graphics 3000? That's what my main laptop has, and my main concern is that it mentions DirectX11 on the Steam page. I've had issues before with some games giving me errors about DX11 and not running at all. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Unfortunately it looks like your HD 3000 is way below minimum requirements. It could possibly run the game but I imagine it would be pretty much unplayable since usually the minimum specs aren't really enough to run the game nicely.

Hmm... If that's actually the case, that's a shame because honestly to me it doesn't seem like the game would really need heavy requirements with them not really doing major graphical improvements or anything. I mean, I can run GTA V at pretty low settings and get around 20fps depending on the action. I consider that playable, but I don't know what that'd mean for Shenmue I & II.

The HD 3000 doesn't support DX11. I don't think it'll run.

Supposedly the HD 4000 supports DX11, but even that is extremely broken.

Yeah. Seems less and less likely I can play it, then... I tried running Watch Dogs one time and at first it wouldn't start at all and was telling me I need a DX11 card. I found kind of a hack method to force the game to run in DX10, but that literally made the game run at less than 1 fps. GTA V is probably one of the newest games my laptop can run, with that game having a DX10 mode.

Anyway buy the game on PC and try it. You don't lose anything. If you can't play it now you can later. You will own Shenmue for the rest of your life and will not have to depend on a console to play Shenmue.
You don't need a super gaming computer to play Shenmue on Steam. In fact is less heavy than emulator.
Here the usage on my normal none gaming laptop.

Maybe sometime I'll buy it and see if it works. If not, I'll get a refund. My main gripe is that I just wish the PC version would get a physical release like the other versions.

Last edited:
Maybe sometime I'll buy it and see if it works. If not, I'll get a refund.
Think it this way if your current laptop can't play shenmue your next computer will. Laptops usually last around 3 years.
You probably will need one in a few years. But you know what the beauty is that you will not have to buy a new console again to play shenmue and your shenmue games will be with you for the rest of your life unlike console games that need a console you can play it as long as you use a computer for rest of your life.

Can also get second-hand PCs on eBay; I got my laptop from a random seller on eBay just over a year ago and it's been working fine so far.

I tried it with Intel 4000 and this was the result:

1.png
2.png

Horrifying I'm sure you'll agree.

Strangely enough Shenmue 2 worked fine, albeit with a tiny bit of slowdown here and there.

I'm running on a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron with Intel HD Graphics Family. (Notice that it is neither 3000 or 4000) and it supports DX11. I got this PC in 2012 and the Card is from 2011. I hope it'll work...
intel.pngintelgfx.png

Back