Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (as of 20/03/2019)

Performance for the main game will be very similar to that of the trial. The main game will be larger in file size, but that will not affect the performance of the game at all (just the download/install time). If you could run the demo (and providing you have the hard drive space to install the game) then you will be fine. You might have a slightly lower frame rate in the larger towns in comparison to the smaller village in the demo etc, but if you're happy with how the demo ran, then you are good to go.
There could likely be a increase in performance as there might well be some performance optimisations as well, so it might even run better than the demo. Time will tell :D
That's a relief, thank you! And here i was thinking the demo was the best and only thing i could put to launch in the PC.

Yes but it is now a fortified castle area.

But for what I read, Baisha was supposed to be a real and large area with lots of things to do. They discarded it and decided to make and announce the fortified castle like it was a real area, but it isn't. If much, it's merely a building in Niaowu.

So, this way, they say to the backers they delivered 3 areas, where they actually did not.

But for what I read, Baisha was supposed to be a real and large area with lots of things to do. They discarded it and decided to make and announce the fortified castle like it was a real area, but it isn't. If much, it's merely a building in Niaowu.

So, this way, they say to the backers they delivered 3 areas, where they actually did not.

I have not reached the end yet but when Baisha was announced, Bailu and Niaowu were not supposed to be open worlds. The game was intended to be much more linear.

No, Yu Suzuki had said Choubu was the biggest area, and is where most of the game, and side quests are.

No the 3rd area wasn't discarded, it was changed to focus more on the castle area, by enlarging the castle.

It should be noted that was stated before the change, and after the change, in addition to changing Baisha to focus more on the castle, the Choubu area was also increased from what it was originally going to be(that's probally why there weren't enough NPCs). There's still 3 areas, and their importance are unchanged, It's just scaled up.

Last edited:
No, Yu Suzuki had said Choubu was the biggest area, and is where most of the game, and side quests are.

No the 3rd area wasn't discarded, it was changed to focus more on the castle area, by enlarging the castle.

It should be noted that was stated before the change, and after the change, in addition to changing Baisha to focus more on the castle, the Choubu area was also increased from what it was originally going to be(that's probally why there weren't enough NPCs). There's still 3 areas, and their importance are unchanged, It's just scaled up.

If you want to consider the castle an entire area, ok... but not even the game itself considers, since if you save it, it will still appear as "Niaowu".

If you want to consider the castle an entire area, ok... but not even the game itself considers, since if you save it, it will still appear as "Niaowu".

You're assuming that, that wasn't going to be the case anyway. Ever hear of something called a oversight. Due to the nature of Shenmue 3, the odd development funding changes, and lets not forget the insane amount of time between 2, and 3, there quite a few oversights.

Back