Shenmue III cover art on German Amazon

But why release an old build?

Yeah Lan Di looked the business, all finished and looking spot on.
Maybe they didn't want to quite show everything off?

I could be shooting well wide of the mark and that's the final model of Ryo. I'm fine with that as he looked good. Just there's some disparities between the one Cedric posted in Feb and the one shown in the trailer. The one from Feb was shot end of Jan according to metadata.

I wish the picture of Ryo and Shenhua in front of the Shenmue tree was the cover. I truly find the image to be beautiful and memorable unlike the current cover.

So I'm the only who thinks it would look crap as the cover and prefers the current one with the mirror as the background huh...

Either cover would be fine, but only with flat font. New logo is perfectly fine without embossing. Although, even the embossed version has grown on me, slowly but surely.

Yeah that is a good question. The Kickstarter are supposed to get a different cover. I also wonder if this applies to the slacker backer though. I got my ps4 disc copy over the slacker backer campaign so I wonder if I will get the extra cover too or not.

I just assumed it would be the same case in a cardboard sleeve. Maybe with a design on the cardboard sleeve that has a design that is closer in style to the original Dreamcast designs.

It does look pretty shit though... a pink tree is something a child could put together on Photoshop in 5 mins.

If so, they could probably put together the current placeholder in less time. I wouldn't worry too much about cover art now though, lots still under development.

It does look pretty shit though... a pink tree is something a child could put together on Photoshop in 5 mins.

Hmm, perhaps, but - speaking as someone who hires freelance illustrators - the Photoshop whiz kid would then bill for 20 hours. Best that YsNet handle it in house.

Knowing that the Magic exclusive shirt was gunna cost 60 bucks? Cedric shulda used that epic T-shirt design for the game cover. It'd be the perfect incentive for cover shoppers to drop 60 dollars toward the next installment. Cedric shulda just slap Lan Di's death stare on the back of the shirt and charge 20 or less since fans was the main aim appeal of the merch & we'd gobble it up.

Side note~ Did Cedric made back his investment on that T-shirt Merch?(ex. Sold-out):unsure:

Maybe they didn't want to quite show everything off?

I could be shooting well wide of the mark and that's the final model of Ryo. I'm fine with that as he looked good. Just there's some disparities between the one Cedric posted in Feb and the one shown in the trailer. The one from Feb was shot end of Jan according to metadata.

The Ryo on the EDGE front cover was the closest to the original that I've personally seen. I'm hoping that the Ryo here is the latest build which EDGE somehow managed to get for their cover and that the one in the "Gameplay Trailer" was a work in progress Ryo.

Oh I sound such a sorrowful perfectionist don't I?

Is that bad, or does it show that I care too much?

The Ryo on the EDGE front cover was the closest to the original that I've personally seen. I'm hoping that the Ryo here is the latest build which EDGE somehow managed to get for their cover and that the one in the "Gameplay Trailer" was a work in progress Ryo.

Oh I sound such a sorrowful perfectionist don't I?

Is that bad, or does it show that I care too much?
I think we all are to an extent. Also opinions will no doubt continue to vary on the models even when the game is out.

What's key to remember with all of this is that they can't please everyone and that the main focus of the game (from what's come out the last few days) is very much Shenmue.

Also I always look back on the depths from where we came. Think 2005-2015. Literally zero hope and then boom! Enjoy this experience because we are so lucky to have it.

I think we all are to an extent. Also opinions will no doubt continue to vary on the models even when the game is out.

What's key to remember with all of this is that they can't please everyone and that the main focus of the game (from what's come out the last few days) is very much Shenmue.

Also I always look back on the depths from where we came. Think 2005-2015. Literally zero hope and then boom! Enjoy this experience because we are so lucky to have it.

But now that we've gotten direct acknowledgement from Suzuki, we can have an actual impact on Yu's continuation of the Saga...we must help him get the series to the finish line.

Yu's best developer years are stretching thin & almost over, we gotta complete this vision. I'd hate to lose one of gamings most ambitiously unique and very rare humane and heartwarming Saga of a gem before its completion.:crying:

Totally agree, and I think it's that part of my mind that I listen to when I'm about to post something negative.

All of this might never have been a thing.

I'm glad all of this is very much a thing (y)

Back