Shenmue III Is Missing Disc 3 & 4!

Agree, I couldn´t believe it ended when it did. Wasn´t there meant to be a third city? Almost left me more gobsmacked than the ending of II

Yes, there was. Unfortunately they made the game for 1/10 the budget of the originals and had to satisfy a few thousand neckbeards who think they can relive something they experienced 18 years ago at the same time. Tough nut to crack.

Yes, there was. Unfortunately they made the game for a small sum of money and had to satisfy a few thousand neckbeards who think they can relive something they experienced 18 years ago at the same time. Tough nut to crack.
tell us how you really feel

Yes, there was. Unfortunately they made the game for 1/10 the budget of the originals and had to satisfy a few thousand neckbeards who think they can relive something they experienced 18 years ago at the same time. Tough nut to crack.
Neckbeards eh? Weren't you just in a different topic admonishing those who 'attack' people?

Yeah, I was. I include myself in the insult.

I include myself in as well.

It sounds like Yu heard and read attentively any of our remarks and desperately try to incorporate them to the game because he has infinite respect for the fans.

Of course, we'll never request things we think guaranteed: story, narrative, music, etc.
We (fans and journalists) naturally tend to ask about "formal" features:

If my memory serves me right, here's the lossy answers he made early in the development:

Three blokes somewhere on the globe: "We want forklift!"
Yu: haha I know it's a priority for all of you!

"What the hell? no arcade? :(
Yu: I'm not sure we are able to do this, but I will think about it"... 3 ARCADE ROOMS+tons of flippers

"Gameblog: Will there be training like S1? Oh please Yu, make this happen"
Yu: No, I don't think there will be training ("Yu laughs") Advanced training with QTE help system and rank live updating on the dojo wall, tons of street fighters to train with.

"Reddit AMA: Can we finally eat in Shenmue 3?
Yu:No. » Endurance system lately comes out of the blue! The stores have finally a purpose!

"OMG why the NPC don't follow their own routine, that's not Shenmue :(
Semi-routine "phew, phew!"

"WTF No full dub? That would be terrible"
Full dub checked. Promised dual audio before? I don't care!

"Ryo does not look Ryo still!"
Absurd resemblance with original Ryo while the art direction changed for all other characters.

"No throws, seriously?!"
Yu: There's no throws in this game We didn't have the time to implement them!

Me on Dojo (true story) : "I really hope the QTE will be harder. Those on Dreamcast were too easy. (Of course idiot, you beat these games plenty of times in your life!)"
QTE INSANELY HARD

Me on Dojo again : "Yu needs to introduce a difficulty choice because fights on DC were damn too easy"
Magic

I'm probably too paranoid or egocentric but sometimes, I really think that Yu was indirectly there to fulfill our wishes, and I feel ashamed of myself.

They are unbelievably difficult. Made me feel like I had no reflexs

Tbh, I succeeded most of the QTE at first try. The chicken/duck minigames were a great training and made me thinking my fails at Bailu were all my fault and I'm just too old.

But the ultimate Square QTE against Dou Niu clone was defo too much for my level.

Tbh, I succeeded most of the QTE at first try. The chicken/duck minigames were a great training and made me thinking my fails at Bailu were all my fault and I'm just too old.

But the ultimate Square QTE against Dou Niu clone was defo too much for my level.

Amazingly the only QTEs i failed were the chicken ones. Literally didnt fail any other.

Just watched video. Very even handed review that echoes what a lot of us feel about Shenmue particularly when it comes to narrative shortcomings.

Also pleased to see someone that initially didn’t enjoy combat come around to it, like I did. If they can add throw moves, dedicated dodge button and smoother animations and hit detection I would be extremely satisfied for Shenmue 4.

Fantastic video and I really enjoyed all the points you made. Especially the comparisons of 2/3 and all its Faults.

The Crack Head kid bit was too funny! when Ryo gets hit I will forever hear that kid.

can we get a Coalition of the tin foil hat society assembled?

Oh ho ho ho heh. You're gonna get so destroyed.

Keeping thinking about it, I didn't even mention the capsule toys, the drawers and even.... the Ryo's stiff walking. I'm pretty sure I was the one that made the thread on Dojo, and I remember Spags & co vocally agreed... and YSnet did it!!!

Speaking of Spaghetti, is he just playing the game super slow and hiding from spoilers or has he fled? He’s like the Alpha and Omega of Shenmue defenders. We’re nothing without him.

Speaking of Spaghetti, is he just playing the game super slow and hiding from spoilers or has he fled? He’s like the Alpha and Omega of Shenmue defenders. We’re nothing without him.
Hes taking his time. He will be back when ready.

Back