Shenmue III - Will It Feature An Original Score?

Im not worried about the music. I find it refreshing that they are using all of the old assets. Im more or less curious on what the FREE music will sound like.

As far as the unused tracks, that library is deep. Yu Suzuki and AM2 were subconciously preparing us for this journey as early as Fighter's Megamix. A theme I still have yet to run across before or since.

If we don't find Pop Ice Cream featured, I'm returning my copy.

Really, though, I'm coming full circle on this. Not only did S2 reuse a little bit of the soundtrack, most of it is good enough that I'm willing to hear it used again if it fits the scene/setting. As others noted, there's enough left over content that I suspect there's enough even for S4.
I'm actually more concerned that they do reuse some tunes: the main menu, QTE theme, etc.

Yeah, heard the same. Hoping in Bailu Village (and Baisha?) they keep the soothig sound, then in the ubran settings like Yokosuka/Hong Kong/Kowloon/Chobou will have the frantic noise.

Shenmue III, for better or worse (imo better), is going to be a huge nostalgia trip regardless of how to plays out. So with that in mind, I wouldn't mind one bit if 90% of the music was reused, especially the Guilin tracks. I'm not worried on this front because we've known for many years that there is a mountain of unused music, as well.

Back