Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I never understood it. FF7 is an incredible game. Why remake it? What’s the point? Presumably money, but it has cost a fortune and flopped.
There has been a fan demand for a Final Fantasy VII remake since the PlayStation 3 technical demonstration in 2005. Square Enix initially refused due to technical restrictions and their work on the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, which consisted of the Final Fantasy XIII and Type-0 trilogies, and Final Fantasy XV. However, times change as key developers on the original were entering into a "Now or Never" stage in their life and Final Fantasy VII is Square's most profitable Final Fantasy title.

As for Shenmue IV, all I will say is that if I had Elon Musk's wealth, I would write Suzuki-sama a blank check to complete the saga on the condition he uses the latest Virtua Fighter engine for the combat. Also, I would write SEGA a blank check for a Shenmue trilogy remake.

I never understood it. FF7 is an incredible game. Why remake it? What’s the point? Presumably money, but it has cost a fortune and flopped.

I don't think it'll add up to anything significant, but there's a lot of people like me waiting for it to be finished in entirety before starting it. When they can sell it as a complete game I'll be in.

Back