Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Oh, this old chestnut. Fed up of hearing it tbh. Despite what you think, the plot DID move forward. We learned quite a bit. Don't forget that the plot is dropped in small doses. This is no different to how it was done in the first two games.
Except storytelling in S1 and 2 was excellent and not good in S3.

- What is the Prophecy about? Shenhua literally repeats it right at the start of S3 but then refuses to talk about it.

-Why did Shenhua's stepfather carve those huge stone mirrors?

-Why are there 2 Shenmue trees, at least in the English translation?

- There are two masters in Bailu under whom Iwao trained, yet none of them tells Ryo anything substantial about what exactly Iwao did or how his relationship to Sunming was.

-Why does Niao Sun follow Ryo around in disguise? That goes nowhere?

- Ren steals a random Phoenix Mirror in a tourist shop and deceives Lan Di with it. WTF?

- How has the relationship between Ren and Ryo lost depth? It's almost like they don't know each other.

And the list of clumsy storytelling goes on and on.

Except storytelling in S1 and 2 was excellent and not good in S3.

- What is the Prophecy about? Shenhua literally repeats it right at the start of S3 but then refuses to talk about it.

-Why did Shenhua's stepfather carve those huge stone mirrors?

-Why are there 2 Shenmue trees, at least in the English translation?

- There are two masters in Bailu under whom Iwao trained, yet none of them tells Ryo anything substantial about what exactly Iwao did or how his relationship to Sunming was.

-Why does Niao Sun follow Ryo around in disguise? That goes nowhere?

- Ren steals a random Phoenix Mirror in a tourist shop and deceives Lan Di with it. WTF?

- How has the relationship between Ren and Ryo lost depth? It's almost like they don't know each other.

And the list of clumsy storytelling goes on and on.
Finally someone else who realizes how bad Shenmue 3 was

Thread title: Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why! ♥️
. Hope, encouraging, support.
. Nice vibes! Thanks for this! 😀
... skip-forward...
But Shenmue 3 is unargably trash
Series are done
Yeah! Fuck Shenmue! My opinion is the undiscussed truth
😪😑💩
For real is necessary the damned same thing at every damned thread? It isn't just those related to Shenmue 3, its in S1-2 AND NOW EVERY S4 THREAD TOO.

Thread title: Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why! ♥️
. Hope, encouraging, support.
. Nice vibes! Thanks for this! 😀
... skip-forward...
But Shenmue 3 is unargably trash
Series are done
Yeah! Fuck Shenmue! My opinion is the undiscussed truth
😪😑💩
For real is necessary the damned same thing at every damned thread? It isn't just those related to Shenmue 3, its in S1-2 AND NOW EVERY S4 THREAD TOO.
Your opinion that your opinion is the undiscussed truth is technically an opinion that I happen to agree with

Finally someone else who realizes how bad Shenmue 3 was
If that's how you feel, fine...even if "bad" is a gross overreaction. But it's derailing the thread here when this thread is trying to think of reasons why Shenmue IV could exist.

We've gone over the game's shortcomings to death now; all we can hope for is that the criticism is taken on board to make a 4th game even better.

I get called out for replying to someone else's comment who was bad mouthing S3. I find that hilarious. I don't see you guys calling out the guy that made the comment that I replied to
Oh here we go lol.

Let me be clear the warning is to the pair of you. Simples.

Shenmue 3 can be discussed in the relevant area.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this much movement in the S4 area for a while.

I stand where I did a year ago. I don't expect a 4th game to occur, but it would be welcome. There's quite literaly, nothing I can do to sway the power that be. It's all up to Suzuki now. If he wants it, he can push for it and the fans will back him.

You know, it's funny. I've decided to become an author and had the idea that I would create a five novel series to help teach the next generation of what is right, what is wrong and to warn of authoritarianism. There are many lessons I've wrapped into the science fiction adventure but I had an epiphany when I realized how much it costs even to self publish a single book. While I've spent the last year and a half writing my first novel, I've moved on to the second while I look for a publisher. Once I saw what the end could be, with me self-publishing the entire series, I decided to reign in my scope. I've since decided to bring the five books down to three. The main reason wasn't necessarily financial, though that played a part. It was because I recalled being left on a cliff hanger for 20 years in the story of Shenmue and I didn't want that for those that may enjoy my series. I wanted to ensure they would get an ending with a complete story.

I was telling a friend of mine the above and when he asked why I had decided to cut out two of the books, I told him I didn't want to "Pull a Shenmue". He's played the games but wasn't a huge fan, but he still knew exactly what I was referencing.

Right now, that's Shenmue's legacy. I hope Suzuki will go to bat for the series he created and that we'll eventually get an ending. Even if only in a novelization.

Last edited:
Remember that Lets Get Shenmue IV came from our union. Maybe its time to concense more messages like this, something that if gets to YS.net they feel they still have our support, that we moved from past whatever each one personal sentiment was. Like the Dojo eye-blinkin' for them twice. They can not make a decent game with a mood like they're being monitored, the lesser mistake, jumping on then..
I know they can do it. This is AM2 with new blood what we're talking about. We can't lose these people. Anyone else? Dojo!

@Telekill I wish you the best of success. That message is very necessary. The things you could hear sometimes are awful, and we can repeat dark ages but with technology. But I fear you will experience issues (it seems you already are with publishers) with those novels if they touch the bone. Again good luck and well done.

And in Shenmue lane, thats it: YS can do it and its on it roof, nobody elses (well, Sega too). The biggest hint its his expressed desire to make the series for a wider audience and afterwards working close to companies with lot of experience at doing It with their own IPs (specially Square and Namco).
When it gets released similarly when Star Wars or Final Fantasy gets a new chapter, no matter the passed time since the last, it gets a welcome overall.

Last edited:
Oh here we go lol.

Let me be clear the warning is to the pair of you. Simples.

Shenmue 3 can be discussed in the relevant area.

I'd also like to make it clear that my warning wasn't aimed solely at you @sdojo.

I'd also like to make it clear that my warning wasn't aimed solely at you @sdojo.
and yet I was the only one that was called out I didn't do anything wrong to begin with. If the post isn't suppose to be here then please move it. I just read posts and reply to them. It isn't my fault that I replied to a post that was in the wrong spot.

and yet I was the only one that was called out I didn't do anything wrong to begin with.

Please let this go and move on.

Right now, that's Shenmue's legacy. I hope Suzuki will go to bat for the series he created and that we'll eventually get an ending. Even if only in a novelization.

I think he'll be trying his best for sure. I don't think anything would have changed from his message to the fans in the credits of S3.

I haven't seen this much movement in the S4 area for a while.

I stand where I did a year ago. I don't expect a 4th game to occur, but it would be welcome. There's quite literaly, nothing I can do to sway the power that be. It's all up to Suzuki now. If he wants it, he can push for it and the fans will back him.

You know, it's funny. I've decided to become an author and had the idea that I would create a five novel series to help teach the next generation of what is right, what is wrong and to warn of authoritarianism. There are many lessons I've wrapped into the science fiction adventure but I had an epiphany when I realized how much it costs even to self publish a single book. While I've spent the last year and a half writing my first novel, I've moved on to the second while I look for a publisher. Once I saw what the end could be, with me self-publishing the entire series, I decided to reign in my scope. I've since decided to bring the five books down to three. The main reason wasn't necessarily financial, though that played a part. It was because I recalled being left on a cliff hanger for 20 years in the story of Shenmue and I didn't want that for those that may enjoy my series. I wanted to ensure they would get an ending with a complete story.

I was telling a friend of mine the above and when he asked why I had decided to cut out two of the books, I told him I didn't want to "Pull a Shenmue". He's played the games but wasn't a huge fan, but he still knew exactly what I was referencing.

"Pull a Shenmue ", hahahaha!🤣 Love that one.

GjMZgrF.png

Back