Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I see. I was looking more forward to the anime than the games and would rather see a season 2 of that than a sequel to S3 (something I never thought I'd say) but it's hard to tell what's less likely at this point. It's very hard for a TV show to get un-cancelled because everyone involved moves on to other projects so an official cancellation is pretty much a death certificate. Games are far less transparent about sales figures, whether something is in development, and even the team working on it. From everything I heard, the anime actually had a fairly decent audience and the cancellation was more due to unfortunate corporate shenanigans than any kind of financial failure. Shenmue 3, on the other hand, seems to be not a question of whether or not it underperformed, but how badly. That Suzuki's next game was a mobile game of significantly decreased scope speaks volumes.
Given the nature of the tax write off for WBD I'll be surprised if we see anything Shenmue Anime related for some time. We know it did well based on the interview with Jason Demarco and his comments there and elsewhere.

Shenmue 3 was 'financially fine' but we know likely didn't hit whatever sales targets there were.

If I were a betting man I'd say games are still more likely than Anime.

Given the nature of the tax write off for WBD I'll be surprised if we see anything Shenmue Anime related for some time. We know it did well based on the interview with Jason Demarco and his comments there and elsewhere.

Shenmue 3 was 'financially fine' but we know likely didn't hit whatever sales targets there were.

If I were a betting man I'd say games are still more likely than Anime.
Shenmue 3 didn’t hit the sales target? do you think if shenmue 3 was released in feb-mar 2020 it would’ve sold better.

Shenmue 3 didn’t hit the sales target? do you think if shenmue 3 was released in feb-mar 2020 it would’ve sold better.
Maybe slightly but not anything significant unfortunately.

Back