Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

A tekken x virtua fighter would be epic
You know what would be even better?

Fighters Megamix 2 w/Tekken Roster :)

Let's go all out!

Fighters Megamix 2 featuring Yakuza Roster (there's enough characters in Yakuza to make a small selection of fighters), Shenmue Roster (Ryo, Nozomi, Tom, Xiuying, Shenhua, Lan Di, Ren among others), a select handful of Tekken characters (because you couldn't do the whole roster but do the fan favourites at least) or hell, bring in Dead or Alive characters since Dead or Alive has similar VF/Fighting Vipers play style.

Let's do the long overwaited Fighters Megamix 2!

(a man can dream...a man can dream!)

But yeah, Tekken x Virtua Fighter would be pretty cool...or even just seeing VF characters cross over to Tekken as DLC would be nice.

There's a rumour gathering pace that Alan Wake 2 is being developed by Remedy, funded by Epic. It's not like they are short of cash, and Control was moneyhatted by them for EGS, just like Shenmue III was. I really hope YsNet have pitched to them...

There's a rumour gathering pace that Alan Wake 2 is being developed by Remedy, funded by Epic. It's not like they are short of cash, and Control was moneyhatted by them for EGS, just like Shenmue III was. I really hope YsNet have pitched to them...
I have zero evidence to back me up other than Ryan Payton negotiatiated Ueda's studio's deal with Epic's publishing arm.

So I'd hope that had some weight in allowing YSNET to pitch to them.

It makes sense. Epic's got the money, and maybe they'd like the clout that comes with being a rainmaker. They're certainly one of very few companies that can afford to throw money at whatever they'd like.

I have zero evidence to back me up other than Ryan Payton negotiatiated Ueda's studio's deal with Epic's publishing arm.

So I'd hope that had some weight in allowing YSNET to pitch to them.
Any chance you could 'casually' ask him if he knows if epic is a possibility :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile: :coffee:

Epic is the obvious choice, although I wonder whether Yu might be deterred due to the Epic backlash.
Quite possibly and I'd understand why. Though that all seems to have died down on the wider front.

Quite possibly and I'd understand why. Though that all seems to have died down on the wider front.
Definitely, but I worry that Yu may not have understood why exactly some people were pissed about the deal in the first place. He may just think that Shenmue fans hate Epic and be keen to avoid people openly wishing that he got cancer again.

To be honest, as I typed that last sentence, I found myself hoping that nobody did fully explain the situation to him other than the very basics (some fans were upset because they wanted the game on Steam). It’s somewhat amazing that he even wants to continue the saga at all given some of the shit he’s had to put up with over the last few years.

Last edited:
I'm past caring about the Epic store stuff these days. My main gripe with it in the past was having all of my games scattered across different stores, but GOG has solved this issue for me now. I just sync everything to GOG and the problem is solved.

So Koch Media confirmed for E3 in June 👀 I know I shouldn't even get my hopes up
Well when you break E3 down, E is the 5th letter of the alphabet and 3 is the 3rd number. In between is "4" which *obviously* means Shenmue IV is going to be announced!!!!...

...right?! :sunglasses:

So Koch Media confirmed for E3 in June 👀 I know I shouldn't even get my hopes up
Nah, my bet is on the Saints Row 5 reveal and trailer. They confirmed previously it was supposed to be fully revealed in 2020, but COVID-19 took its toll.
They could have multiple games, of course, but I still don’t think Deep Silver/Koch will be behind SIV. They haven’t ever talked sales or seemed too thrilled by III’s performance.

They could have multiple games, of course, but I still don’t think Deep Silver/Koch will be behind SIV. They haven’t ever talked sales or seemed too thrilled by III’s performance.
I tend to agree, just taking an educated guess the fact we got confirmation from Cedric they had a vertical slice they were shopping around to different publishers, indicate as much.

I think as @spud1897 previously mentioned I think Epic Games Publishing, seem like a good target. Hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later.

Back