Shenmue Re-release mod request

Hey guys,

I'm new here and have been a Shenmue fan for many many years! So excited to play this again on Steam! I was wondering if it would be possible for anyone to replace the XBOX button prompts with DS4 button prompts?

Thanks! :)

Even though the game doesn't need it, it would be interesting to see the game run natively at 60 fps (not through an emulator).

Aside from that, the only thing I can think of that would make Shenmue better would be a full HD texture pack.

If someone could map the camera to the left stick i would greatly appreciate it. It's really throwing me off having it on the right stick from so many years playing the DC version.

What I'd like to see is a mod that makes the first game look as close to the DC version as possible. I want the original sky texture back, I want the real brands back like Timex and the soda cans, I want the option of bloom and that kind of stuff completely removed from the game. I know packing doesn't work yet, but I hope that there are people on here who have already thought about making a mod like this?

What I'd like to see is a mod that makes the first game look as close to the DC version as possible. I want the original sky texture back, I want the real brands back like Timex and the soda cans, I want the option of bloom and that kind of stuff completely removed from the game. I know packing doesn't work yet, but I hope that there are people on here who have already thought about making a mod like this?

Original font for notebook would be amazing too

I'm surprised no one has suggested a no curfew mod to stay up all night past 11:30 p.m. and even 4:00 a.m. since the only time you can stay up to 4:00 a.m. was as long as you're directly looking for Heartbeats Bar which is done if you win the pool bet at MJQ for those who don't know. Someone uploaded a Dreamcast save on the old fourms many years ago that had a mod where you can stay out all night and even see the sunrise, but this save was a day before the bad ending from what I remember.

I'm surprised no one has suggested a no curfew mod to stay up all night past 11:30 p.m. and even 4:00 a.m. since the only time you can stay up to 4:00 a.m. was as long as you're directly looking for Heartbeats Bar which is done if you win the pool bet at MJQ for those who don't know. Someone uploaded a Dreamcast save on the old fourms many years ago that had a mod where you can stay out all night and even see the sunrise, but this save was a day before the bad ending from what I remember.

You can also stay up past 11:30pm when you're sneaking into Old Warehouse No. 8 and when you have to rescue Nozomi.

I found this post after Googling the subject, that is after finding a hack for this exact purpose: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/bypass-bedtime.833

The mod works great. I had him stay out all night and saw it become light again which happens around 6:30 a.m. it seems. Downside it is that you get no allowance and you can't train your moves after a certain time. I wonder if this may be a way of skipping work days if you don't go to sleep? Maybe you want more freetime to spend money? This could make days loop or repeat since some events depend on you going to bed as well.

Alternatively, is there a way to do the minimalist HUD of Dreamcast Shen1? Having only an A or X or Y pop up for actions/notebook/items--rather than the ever-present opaque button layout?

Alternatively, is there a way to do the minimalist HUD of Dreamcast Shen1? Having only an A or X or Y pop up for actions/notebook/items--rather than the ever-present opaque button layout?

I'd say most definitely, the re-release actually has a fairly customizable UI system in place, so you could do almost anything you wanted.

Cool, when the steam retail version eventually releases of Shen3, I wanna get an alienware steambox then have the amazing texture mod works being done on 1+2 and have the trilogy on there. Might also help to make rarely touched 360 obsolete.

Thanks!

Back