Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue 2, Mario 3D World, Links Awakening, FF XIII, Cloudpunk
Man, this is just great.

Seems like the magazine has a megafan

I didn't participate in the creation of this product, but even I was really moved to see Yu-San holding it. I can barely imagine your excitement and feeling seeing this for those who worked on it ! Beautiful.

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
GUJIAN 3
I didn't participate in the creation of this product, but even I was really moved to see Yu-San holding it. I can barely imagine your excitement and feeling seeing this for those who worked on it ! Beautiful.
This is great; seeing Yu Suzuki with the Shenmue World Magazine in hand makes me feel that it will boost his confidence and will inspire him even more to make Shenmue 4 a reality.

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue 2, Mario 3D World, Links Awakening, FF XIII, Cloudpunk
This is great; seeing Yu Suzuki with the Shenmue World Magazine in hand makes me feel that it will boost his confidence and will inspire him even more to make Shenmue 4 a reality.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it warmed his heart and made him even more motivated for Shenmue IV ! Go Yu Suzuki, we're with you !

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Earthbound
Steam
RetroLord120
Nintendo Friend Code
7010-9792-5042
Oh Wow! What an achievement guys and gals! Certainly made me smile this morning. If anything I bet this will inspire him even more to push forward with the series!
And it looks good when presenting the series to publishers, showing that the fanbase still has their spark! ;)

Tentei

ライトニング
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
miraigaara
I got mine! And it was amazing! And, Yu got his copy! I wish I could understand what he is saying! this is great!

James Brown

Administrator
I got mine! And it was amazing! And, Yu got his copy! I wish I could understand what he is saying! this is great!
He just said, "thank you to all the fans for the constant support!"

Thanks for all the replies guys, it totally was a bucket list type of thing, never in my wildest dreams! But I completely agree, hopefully with that smile it brought to his face it shows how vocal we all are still and gives him a bit of a morale boost towards Shenmue 4! :)

Seen a couple of comments about when the next issue would be done, and because of the amount of work involved in not just the creation, but the production and shipping i've decided to go yearly. So expect Issue 2 around the same time this year. Let me know what you particularly liked in Issue 1 you'd like to see more of in the future! And always accepting fan art...if anyone follows Twitter, there's been a wealth of amazing art...i'm sure the fans try to out-do each other haha...seems to be getting better, and more constant :eek:

In regards to digital files, i've got all of the orders still yet to be "delivered" on my tracking app, so i'm waiting until 99.9% of backers have their physicals before proceeding with digital distribution, and ultimately available publically to read on the Dojo for sure :)

Thanks everyone!

shendom

wide ren
Favourite title
Shenmue II
For suggestions, I think it would be really cool if the next issue and onwards their be more art included in the zine in general!
Also maybe you could suggest themes or prompts each year for artists to get more involved in the zine.
For example: fashion, winter, etc!

Revan

Excuse me...gorgeous
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Die Hard Arcade...YIPEE KI YAY!
If I may also suggest: in the absence of an official strategy guide, please do continue with the side quest solutions for Shenmue 3. Some of us (i.e. me) can't figure them all out because we're complete smegheads.

I just received my copy today, it's absolutely incredible work! I'm loving all the goodies that come with it. Thanks James for responding to my twitter message so quickly, and allowing me the chance to get a copy after I missed the kickstarter.
I got home late today; it's been a very long day at work and I had to go out afterward. I put up an awkward live unboxing on my twitter, which I may possibly regret come morning, as I am slightly inebriated during the unboxing 😅.
Still, I felt I had to do it!
Anyway, I cannot wait to check it out properly!

Attachments

• 20210407_222215.jpg
    20210407_222215.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8