So if yu gets to old before he can complete the saga

Would you accept him leaving his plot outline to another director and if so who would be your ideal

Not that I want this to happen but ya know it's a hypothetical question

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F05%2Fhideo-kojima-talks-konami-closure-death-stranding-001-1.jpg

Last edited:
This guy is only three or four years younger than Yu, so he is kind of too old to take over.

But back on topic : Probably not. Yu should be the one to finish it.

Hell no! Not him
LOL is that Hideo Kojima? MGS man? I didn't play any but MGS 1, I thought that was nice. Now he seems to get so much hate LOL. All Yu needs is a few years using existing assets to finish it just improving this and that. I think it's doable, if he keeps to the crucial parts.

Imagine what silly names he'd come up with.

Kung Fu-Man
One Punch-Man
Jumping Tiger
Elder Dragon

And Ryo's lost twin brother - Roy Vengeance.
Not to mention all the scatological humor he'd throw in there. There was some in S1 "Gotta hit the can my man!" but Kojima would take it to a whole new level.

First off, He'd need to befriend a life long Bajiquan master, study & take a few blows to "Understand" the techniques & last but not least make a 3D fighting game better than what's on the market. Should be enuf "creds" to come back and steer the Shenmue ship afterwards. :coffee:(y)

^ Came to say this.

Apparently he was heavily involved in one or both of the original games, he has created a successful series very much influenced by Shenmue, he's a bigshot at SEGA. What more could you want. Nagoshi is my number one pick.

I would love for him to not continue the story but to reboot it from scratch and make it his own thing if he were to do it. Sadly he's no spring chicken himself so it may already be too late for him to take over when Suzuki retires.

^ Came to say this.

Apparently he was heavily involved in one or both of the original games, he has created a successful series very much influenced by Shenmue, he's a bigshot at SEGA. What more could you want. Nagoshi is my number one pick.

I would love for him to not continue the story but to reboot it from scratch and make it his own thing if he were to do it. Sadly he's no spring chicken himself so it may already be too late for him to take over when Suzuki retires.

he would probably make Shenmue Kiwami lol

he was a Suzuki protege afterall

Nagoshi has no interest in Shenmue. Mentioning it in interviews upsets him. He isn't going to take over.

I didn't know that. That's too bad. I would imagine then that Suzuki feels similarly about Yakuza/Nagoshi?

I don’t think it’s because he doesn’t like Shenmue. He just feels like it isn’t his game and would rather discuss his own games. But I can’t see why he’d take over unless Yu Suzuki personally asked him to do it.

As for Yu Suzuki, I’m not sure how he feels about Yakuza. I’ve seen it mentioned in interviews and he doesn’t seem to have much to say about it. I would imagine he has seen very little of it based on his feelings about actually playing games. I know he said he’s not interested in a Yakuza/Shenmue crossover.

The best idea is to not listen to the critics. To keep the game as it is now and refine it.

They have assets that haven't been used much and they have the groundwork. If SIV happens it will logically be launching way quicker than S3.

LOL is that Hideo Kojima? MGS man? I didn't play any but MGS 1, I thought that was nice. Now he seems to get so much hate LOL. All Yu needs is a few years using existing assets to finish it just improving this and that. I think it's doable, if he keeps to the crucial parts.

For me, it isn't specifically Kojima hate...it's just moreso I don't see him getting what Shenmue is...under his vision, it'd be all Nanomachines or something.

If Yu dies (or retires), then Shenmue dies along with him. I don't care what anybody says about Shenmue III. Yu Suzuki is still the only person I trust to do Shenmue justice.

I kind of agree, should the unthinkable happen to Yu or should the series never continue then let it die with Yu. He's the only man I would want to deliver this vision of his.

Back