Solution for low end PC users to play Shenmue 3 - personal success story

Hey guys,

after giving up attempts to overclock my poor Intel Graphics HD 520 to be able to get more then 10 FPS at Low end settings, I went online looking for dedicated PC streaming services (a virtual PC where you could install Shenmue 3). With Shadow, the most popular service being unavalaible for new user, I tried Paperspace, which by itself didn't run the game smoothly, BUT then I learned you are supposed to combine it with Parsec, and VOILA! (you can find online tutorials on how to do so - nothing too complicated).

I am now running the game with high end graphics on 720P at a great framerate, and it has been entirely pleasurable and very smooth overall. This is on a poor 10 MBPS connection in Latin America using the US East Coast Paperspace server, so I imagine if you are closer to the server and have a faster connection you could run the game at 1080P no problem with the highest settings.

Here are details on what it costs (besides the game):
- Paperspace monthly Storage 100 GB (to install the game) - 7$ a month
- cost per hour to use the P5000 virtual machine (the one suitable for gaming) - 70 something cents per hour.

Of course, with the extra fees it is not an ideal solution, but it has been truly amazing to play Shenmue 3 on high settings from my laptop, so I hope this helps fans in a similar position who don't have a PS4 nor a powerful PC.

To be honest, it's probably just easier for those without a powerful PC to pick up a second-hand PS4 for $100.
But I do understanding wanting to play it maxed out on PC. I'm currently running it on full settings at 4K and at times it's absolutely stunning (especially the 2nd area).
The downside is that some textures which haven't had as much love stand out like a sore thumb.

Back