Something that bugs me about Kowloon...

When you enter Kowloon, and you listen to the tapes, you learn that you can play AfterBurner II (in Phoenix Bldg.) and Hang On (in Yellow Head Bldg.)

However, you cannot enter the Phoenix Bldg. whenever you want to, the reason is because Guston Hymer does not want you to fight Rod Stunt early.

Yet, Stunt is on a completely different floor than the location of the AfterBurner machine...

So.... WHY NOT JUST GUARD THE STAIRCASE!? OR THE ELEVATOR!!

Why is he guarding in the Tea Break Bldg.? I should be able to enter and play AfterBurner whenever I want to. I am not interested in fighting Rod Stunt at the moment. I wanna play Afterburner!!

It gets even more ridiculous when you are in the Yellow Head Bldg. There is a Hang On machine in room 222... Why?

Why is it that there is an arcade machine in the only building we can access one time before leaving Kowloon? I should be able to play it whenever I want to.

\You could play any of the arcade games whenever you wanted to in Shenmue 1 and even in 2 when you were in the Hong Kong chapter...

The Kowloon chapter is ridiculous

Once you play them once, aren't they unlocked from the main menu?
That is true, but why can't I play AfterBurner as soon as I get to Kowloon?

Just because Hymer won't let me fight Rod Stunt?

I just want the AfterBurner game! I should not have to wait until I need to fight Rod to play AfterBurner

You play through Shenmue II just to play After Burner? Mate, you know you can play it anytime on PC, right?

They're Easter Eggs. bruv. They're not meant to be played repeatedly.

I just want the AfterBurner game! I should not have to wait until I need to fight Rod to play AfterBurner

1. Tough. It's not After Burner, it's Shenmue. If you didn't want to play Shenmue, but instead wanted to play After Burner, purchasing After Burner instead of Shenmue would've been a better choice.

2. The map glitch is always an option.

1. Tough. It's not After Burner, it's Shenmue. If you didn't want to play Shenmue, but instead wanted to play After Burner, purchasing After Burner instead of Shenmue would've been a better choice.

2. The map glitch is always an option.

Shhh!!! Sega might be seeing this...

But, when you buy Shenmue, you essentially get the other games like Space Harrier, Outrun, etc. Including AfterBurner.

Basically what I am trying to say is, if Guston Hymer did not want me to enter so I wouldn't get to Rod Stunt, why would he be guarding just outside the Phoenix Bldg?

Why not guard the elevator on the 4th floor?

Also, the tape in Huang's Room also had a new bit that reported the games to the public.

I am trying to find the logic on how these things got reported to the public, yet Ryo is not allowed to play them.

.... he is guarding the outside of the Phoenix bldg. It is only accessible thru Tea Break, much like God of Wealth thru Ghost Hall.....

This defiently makes getting the Platinum harder for S2 than in S1. Playing 4 arcade games spread around the entire game inaccessible most of the time.

.... he is guarding the outside of the Phoenix bldg. It is only accessible thru Tea Break, much like God of Wealth thru Ghost Hall.....

So? Just because it is only accessible from another building doesn't mean it does not have an outside

So? Just because it is only accessible from another building doesn't mean it does not have an outside

lol, why are you complaining?

With the shorter load times, if you feel like playing AB, just exit to the main menu and start playing AB.

Jesus Christ.

This defiently makes getting the Platinum harder for S2 than in S1. Playing 4 arcade games spread around the entire game inaccessible most of the time.

No it doesn't; all 4 arcade games are within the normal routes of playing the game, as you have to physically pass by them all, at some point (well, not the ones at Pine, but you need to go to Golden Quarter a few times anyways), so no, it absolutely does NOT make it harder.

You what would've made it harder (and it SHOULD have been added as a trophy)? To actually take part in a Duck Race; the platinums for both games are beyond easy.

lol, why are you complaining?

With the shorter load times, if you feel like playing AB, just exit to the main menu and start playing AB.

Jesus Christ.

No it doesn't; all 4 arcade games are within the normal routes of playing the game, as you have to physically pass by them all, at some point (well, not the ones at Pine, but you need to go to Golden Quarter a few times anyways), so no, it absolutely does NOT make it harder.

You what would've made it harder (and it SHOULD have been added as a trophy)? To actually take part in a Duck Race; the platinums for both games are beyond easy.
I would have rather have the duck race trophy than the 4 arcade bs. That would been harder but definetly more fun.

Back