Sony Confirms Shenmue 3 Trailer At Tokyo Game Show

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Rise of the Ronin
Sony has confirmed that Shenmue 3 will be displaying a trailer at this years Tokyo Game Show. So it seems that Sega is not the only ones who are giving Shenmue 3 some promotion.

It's also worth noting that the trailer in question is more than likely a JPN version of the Gamescom trailer as it technically hasn't had any Japanese representation yet unlike almost all the other trailers. Also considering it's by far the best trailer yet, it would be weird for there to be no Japanese version.

It's also worth noting that the trailer in question is more than likely a JPN version of the Gamescom trailer as it technically hasn't had any Japanese representation yet unlike almost all the other trailers. Also considering it's by far the best trailer yet, it would be weird for there to be no Japanese version.

+1. Don't get your hopes up too much about there being another new trailer so soon after Gamescom. It is highly likely that they will show the Japanese version of the aforementioned Gamescom trailer.

+1. Don't get your hopes up too much about there being another new trailer so soon after Gamescom. It is highly likely that they will show the Japanese version of the aforementioned Gamescom trailer.

I'm 50/50 on new trailer...correct me if I'm wrong but it's the last major showing before release, right? Doubt it will show up at the Video Game Awards...so if they do throw out another trailer, why not throw it out now?

But on the other hand, there's nothing stopping them from saving it until a "Launch Trailer" week of release. And it could very well just be the GamesCom trailer in Japanese.

Time will tell, but with just under three months to go...anything is possible I guess.

I hope that there will be at least one longer story focused trailer before release. I've seen comments from people who think that the game is mostly mini games combined with some fighting. They don't really know that there is a larger story that spans over several games. Something more epic that highlights the backstory, creates some intrigue and shows how it leads into Shenmue 3 wouldn't be bad.

I hope that there will be at least one longer story focused trailer before release. I've seen comments from people who think that the game is mostly mini games combined with some fighting. They don't really know that there is a larger story that spans over several games. Something more epic that highlights the backstory, creates some intrigue and shows how it leads into Shenmue 3 wouldn't be bad.

That is true. A short Story recap Trailer from 1 and 2 would be necessary to get the Attention of new potential fans. For new Gamers the Trailers so far where very confusing because they did not reveal much of the Story. For my Gamers the Shenmue Trailers must have failed almost as confusing as the Death Stranding Trailers we have seen so far.

I'm 50/50 on new trailer...correct me if I'm wrong but it's the last major showing before release, right? Doubt it will show up at the Video Game Awards...so if they do throw out another trailer, why not throw it out now?

But on the other hand, there's nothing stopping them from saving it until a "Launch Trailer" week of release. And it could very well just be the GamesCom trailer in Japanese.

Time will tell, but with just under three months to go...anything is possible I guess.
In «ghost of tsushima» they've changed «trailer» to «old trailer», while Shenmue III continues as «trailer»...

Agree completely, the trailers for the first two games were so much stronger than the ones we've seen, which seem disjointed. A story trailer to really highlight the best aspect of Shenmue would really help new potential fans understand what this game is really about. Most of my Shenmue replays I focus very little on arcade games and capsule toys.

I also want a kick-ass trailer to confirm that Shenmue 3's cinematography and storytelling is on par with the first two games.

I completely agree. I feel like I've said this a number of times, but why not recreate a few scenes from Shenmue 1 and 2 as flashbacks? For example, show Iwao being murdered by Lan Di in front of Ryo's eyes. Show how Ryo gets consumed by revenge, rejects his friends (Nozomi) and his social life. Show flashbacks of his dreams of Shenhua and the prophecy. Show how his journey takes him to Hong Kong.

The narrative is one of the strongest aspects of the Shenmue series, but besides the Prophecy trailer, most of the recent trailers feel a bit... "Lolz forklifts, lol wacky mini games, cheesy kung fu action, weird looking characters".

Back