Soundtrack keeps lagging on PS4

Nick

No.1 Shenmue fan
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue II
Each time I play Shenmue on my PS4, the music in the background skips or stops playing. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me?

I'm midway through my first proper playthrough of the PS4 version right now and this hasn't happened to me yet. The worst I've had is some of Master Chen's (Japanese) dialogue cutting out -- made extremely obvious by the over-the-top reverb effect on voices in this version, while inside echoey environments like Warehouse No.8. I noticed a few minor issues pop up like this (the other one being a random texture glitch on Ryo's bedroom wardrobe) after I'd suspended the game, put the PS4 in rest mode then started playing again later. Did you happen to do that as well?

Throughout both Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 the music skips, especially whenever I play the mini arcade games. Yeah, I have noticed there's been problems with Ryo's clothes whenever I make him sleep. I'll try cleaning using my lens cleaning disc and updating my PSN, maybe that might help.

That Is weird. Never experienced any of these bugs when playing Shenmue 1 and 2 on the ps4. S2 was a flawless experience as far as I can tell. The only bug in Shenmue 1 was that Ryo turned invisible sometimes. But that was nothing a re load of the gaming file could not solve.

Back