SPOILER - Shenmue II bug

Hey, first post here. The Shenmue games have been my favorite games since I played them when I was a teen. I remember beating Shenmue II, immediately looking to see if there was any news on Shenmue III, and finding Shenmuedojo.net, back in the early 2000's. I've been a lurker ever since, so it's nice to post for the first time, finally.
Anyway, I was playing Shenmue II last night and found this bug. I thought it was funny so I figured I'd share.

Ha! Haven't had that happen before. I don't know the specifics, but if you use the lock on glitch and go into an unloaded area, some characters will be found doing that. Maybe an animation test?

Trying to espace the mess, eh? Perfect timing! Why does this need a spoiler tag though?

This is in fact the dummy motion. Normally unreachable NPCs may use it and it can also be forced on Joy and Fangmei if you glitch around. This happening by accident might be the result of the game failing to load the correct animations.
This also happened a bunch with Shenmue II on the shoddy Xbox 360 emulation. I had it freak out on the two higher students at Guang Martial Arts School.

Trying to espace the mess, eh? Perfect timing! Why does this need a spoiler tag though?

This is in fact the dummy motion. Normally unreachable NPCs may use it and it can also be forced on Joy and Fangmei if you glitch around. This happening by accident might be the result of the game failing to load the correct animations.
This also happened a bunch with Shenmue II on the shoddy Xbox 360 emulation. I had it freak out on the two higher students at Guang Martial Arts School.

Correcto.

I have a method to make multiple NPCs do it. In fact, this animation is most likely a skinning test animation. Which is used to determine whether or not the rig needs more work on it. The animation basically puts the hands and legs as far outward as possible, this is to see whether the weighting on the joints is correct.

I've had it happen at Guang Martial Arts School on the re-release too, it's hilarious to see what should be devout martial arts practicioners doing jumping jacks.

Skipping cutscenes causes a lot of weird things to happen in the game, For a fun time, break the rock for Zongquan and immediately skip the little segment of cutscene between breaking the rock and his reaction.

That was priceless! Never experienced anything strange just from skipping. Ah well it just shows that everyone usually skips both segments of that scene.

Back