SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 10 "Comeback" THREAD

Interesting episode, it was way to far paced though. I would prefer season 1 have been 15 episodes so they could have included more as more happened in this episode than the whole of Shenmue 3 in terms of storyline

Pacing probably feels fine to those that haven't played game but for us it seems to be a little sprint then jog, sprint then jog

But I do love the extra storyline parts and the overall feel of the episode so overall still extremely good

Quick question, when was the Joy flashback? I must not have seen it and when just flicked through couldnt see. Approx what time?

Quick question, when was the Joy flashback? I must not have seen it and when just flicked through couldnt see. Approx what time?
It’s while Ren is explaining the history of the Yellow Heads- you see a young girl during those flashbacks, but only from behind. While not explicitly stated, it seems very likely this girl is Joy

My Shenmue anime Analysis for EP 10 is now on the blog of the Dojo, sorry for taking so long this week about this, thank you.

1649943299481.png

The anime tells more background story of side character, this help both old and new fans to enjoy the story.
I like the new Japanese voice actor of ZIMING, his voice sounds more cool and mature, more like an avenger.

Loved how they are at Kowloon already and at this pace we should be able to finish up to the end of Shenmue 2. Enjoyed how the anime is able to go into more depth about Joy's backstory with Dou Niu actually being involved with the assassination of her parents. Also enjoyed how they changed up how Ryo and Ren went through the Ghost Hall Building with them just going through secret passages instead of walking on planks. Cannot wait to see more adventure of Kowloon in the next episode.

Back