SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

I have a doubt, sorry if this was answered before, but in this episode, when Joy talks in the tombs of her family, she says that she don't know if she can will forgive her father, why is this?

I have a doubt, sorry if this was answered before, but in this episode, when Joy talks in the tombs of her family, she says that she don't know if she can will forgive her father, why is this?

I think it's because she blames her father for her mother's death. Her mother was a target of the Yellow Heads because her father was in one of their rival cartels.

All the supporting characters love in the anime is just what it needed. I really like what they did with Nozomi, same thing with Joy

Now I wonder if they will reveal that Joy knows Chen and Gui Zhang, and how he saved her as a child.
This is a good point actually as their relationship hasn't been addressed as of yet - would seem a shame for the anime not to at least mention it

I think this could be a reason why some of the street fights were cut. Too many fights in a quick succession could diminish the impact of the true set-piece moments, and this week's episode started off with a major fight, too.

Also - let me channel Dojo 2001 by asking: "Master Baihu = Joy's Father?"

I seem to recall another thread (probably 15 years ago, been lurking a long time) linking Master Baihu to Ziming - was this theory debunked?

I seem to recall another thread (probably 15 years ago, been lurking a long time) linking Master Baihu to Ziming - was this theory debunked?

I don't think it was debunked since we don't know much about Baihu and Ziming, but I was joking about the Baihu = Joy's father thing. I was just making fun of the idea that everyone always tried to take wild guesses about character's true identities with the thought process of "we don't know what happened to Ziming, and there's the other person who we don't really know their background. Therefore that person is Ziming!" So I was doing the same with the idea: "we don't know who Joy's father is, we know about Baihu but don't know his background. Joy's father = Master Baihu!"

Of course if Joy's father is indeed Master Baihu then I totally meant it.

Back