SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 9 "Distinct" Thread

Does Yuan have the original voice from the September 2001 version.
Definitely not Lisle Wilkerson in English, and while the Japanese actor/actress has yet to be announced, who knows...Takahiro Sakurai (Lan Di in Japanese), didn't reprise Goro, so I don't know if he would reprise Yuan.

Definitely not Lisle Wilkerson in English, and while the Japanese actor/actress has yet to be announced, who knows...Takahiro Sakurai (Lan Di in Japanese), didn't reprise Goro, so I don't know if he would reprise Yuan.
The Eng VA is announced in my interview with Dou Nius VA

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yuan looks like La Roux
Calling it now. The anime will actually use the name Ewan as Yu originally intended.

Also, looks like three episodes for Kowloon and Guiling. Going to be one heck of a squeeze, but if they seriously trim down the three fighters section, it might still be possible to make it to the end.

Good calling on the part of the writers combining both Ren's introduction with the final Wude. Helps break up the intentional tedium of having to wait until the next day at the Barbershop if you (or in this case anime Ryo) fail the QTE on the first try. Besides, I still like how the anime hinted at Ren's involved beforehand so that he's already aware of Ryo's misadventures in Hong Kong. This also provides further context as to why Ren would so readily agree to work with Ryo, since Ren has already been doing his research and knows something is up with Ryo inexplicable at the centre of it all.

Zhangyu and the last wude! THey managed to fit all of that in. Impressive. Breakneck pace continues, but I am loving every minute.

Very economical episode that efficiently ties up the dangling threads before Kowloon. Xiuying continues to be the standout supporting character. It's apparent the showrunners care about her given how much emphasis there's been to her arc/backstory. It's funny because she's not in any of the marketing materials or credits and one would argue she's the second-most important character of the season behind Ryo himself. I'm hoping they put the same level of care and attention to detail to Ren, which at this point I have no reason to doubt, considering he'll be the primary supporting character in the final 3 or 4 episodes.

Actually hope the arrival in Guilin and the cave doesn't occur until the Season 2 premiere.

Shoutout to @Spaghetti for making the Ren/Wude association in last episodes thread! - https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...-episode-8-aspiration-thread.4092/post-133566

This is probably the most that any S2 episode has felt truncated, but what they cut made sense and it still worked really well. I also agree that the season will likely end with Kowloon since there are only 3 episodes left, unless maybe the Guilin portion of S2 will take something like half an episode? Does that mean Season 2 was always planned? ;)

My only minor complaint (and this could be due to the fact I'm so familiar with the scene) is that I would've liked for the Yellow Heads to be taken out by Xiuying off screen.

Back