ST Friendly Wager #2 Will Shenmue 3 have a fast travel option?

ShenmueTree's Friendly Wager #2 Will Shenmue 3 have a form of fast travel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently playing
Yakuza 0 (PS4)
PSN
HoshiGAKiteiku
Congratulations to the 55.3% of wagerers who said that the Magic Monaco trailer would have voice acting, and would be dubbed in Japanese. Give yourselves a pat on the back!

But alas, here I am with yet another wager. And yet again, there are zero stakes! (Besides the feeling of crushing defeat. :[ )

So, this time, I ask: Will Shenmue 3 have fast travel?

Some form yes. I hope it's similar to 1 & 2. Take your time exploring as much as possible.

Every Shenmue has had at least a light fast travel system, so yes.

I completely forgot about the fast travel systems in Shenmue 1 and 2 cause I never used them. Lmao. Guess this is an easy win.

I think ryo should have a pet donkey and to get to your next location you have to follow a star.

Where's the option for the one like I & II when you left your house or hotel in the morning? That's what I would bet on. I doubt there will be a modern style one.

Where's the option for the one like I & II when you left your house or hotel in the morning? That's what I would bet on. I doubt there will be a modern style one.
This, I can get behind. I'd prefer walking, a small shortcut never hurts though.

I completely forgot about the fast travel systems in Shenmue 1 and 2 cause I never used them. Lmao. Guess this is an easy win.
You never, in all your years as a Shenmue fan, ever used “continue from yesterday” in II? I highly doubt that.

You never, in all your years as a Shenmue fan, ever used “continue from yesterday” in II? I highly doubt that.

1. I hardly ever use fast travel in any game. I dislike it. It is why I have almost 200 hours in Dragon Quest XI. I rather walk/run than cast zoom.

2. Continue from yesterday, I don't really consider fast travel.

3. In Shenmue 1, I always left Hazuki residence and walked/ran where I needed to go unless forced to do otherwise.

4. In Shenmue 2, always left the hotel or other resting place and walked/ran where I needed to go unless forced to do otherwise

So yeah, I forgot it existed. It isnt that hard to comprehend.

1. I hardly ever use fast travel in any game. I dislike it. It is why I have almost 200 hours in Dragon Quest XI. I rather walk/run than cast zoom.

2. Continue from yesterday, I don't really consider fast travel.

3. In Shenmue 1, I always left Hazuki residence and walked/ran where I needed to go unless forced to do otherwise.

4. In Shenmue 2, always left the hotel or other resting place and walked/ran where I needed to go unless forced to do otherwise

So yeah, I forgot it existed. It isnt that hard to comprehend.

Playing Dragon Quest without zoom. So any time you want to get anywhere that's in the sea, you travel there use the ship? I find this hard to believe and don't understand why you would do this.

How isn't continue from yesterday fast travel?

Playing Dragon Quest without zoom. So any time you want to get anywhere that's in the sea, you travel there use the ship? I find this hard to believe and don't understand why you would do this.

How isn't continue from yesterday fast travel?

I never said I never used zoom EVER. Of course I used it. Dragon Quest XI is a huge game, but yes, more times than not I chose to walk/sail. And dude, let it go. Plenty of people dont use fast travel a lot. Shenmue 1 and 2 dont particularly have huge worlds btw.

Anyway, I am tired of discussing it. It's so damn silly. Accept that not everyone plays the same way as you do and get over it.

I have no problems with it, no need to be defensive. I mean, you made the thread. I'm not sure why you made the thread if you think it's silly to talk about how you don't like fast travel. I just found "I don't use fast travel even in Dragon Quest" to be more than a little weird. I never said everyone needs to use fast travel. It's just weird for someone to say they don't use it in Dragon Quest and I wanted to know more. Don't make the thread if you're defensive about people asking basic questions.

I find this hard to believe and don't understand why you would do this.

To be fair, given the quote above, it does come across as confrontational and you’re essentially saying ST is lying. I’ll hazard a guess that that’s where the defensiveness is coming from.

Back