Star Citizen reported to have spent 90% of $300M+ raised.

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"

And it still seems to be in dev-hell as of now as well even after 5+ years.

Big Kickstarted/crowdfunded(MN9/BLOODSTAIN/SIII) games are getting released now while Chris Robert is stuck @ the drawing board.

Is it safe to call it a scam now?

:rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ur thoughts/Opinions? :unsure:

Last edited:
It’s defo a scam. All those videos on YouTube of people playing it are fake, just touched up FMV sequences from Novastorm. Also the “people who work on it” are actually cardboard cutouts attached to model trains.

I feel bad for anyone who pledged, as I fear that all the money raised has secretly been used to fund an extensive sock collection that Chris Robert can use to corner the last-minute-father’s-day-shopping market.

if it wasn't for kickstarter, shenmue 3 would not be getting made. so im not against kickstarters for games.

from what iv'e heard, i don't think star-citizen started out as scam. it just sounds like the project was too ambitious and the amount of money backed, hindered the project more than anything.. some of the best games/movies had tight budget or time constraints.

imo people donating $1000s or buying in-game DLC for a game not out yet is crazy.

I don't know enough about Star Citizen to comment on the quality of the product they're making, but I wish we could drop calling things a scam because they don't come out as quick or as good as people would like.

Back