Story Pack - Where is Zhang?

So I just downloaded the DLC and booted up the game for the first time since Battle Rally came out.

I've got three saves:

1) Complete Save - I booted this one up, the game said to look next to Hotel Niaowu but started me right at the beginning of the Niaowu section storyline wise. Nobody was outside the hotel either in the evening or the following day.

2) Save right before the final day. I boot this one and it takes me on the boat across the river. So I can't go back to main Niaowu

3) Day before the final day. Booted this one and I can roam around Niaowu - it's at the point where I need to go talk to Ren at the terminal to trigger the final part. No Zhang outside the hotel here either and I didn't get a prompt to look for him either.

What the heck?

FML. How much of Niaowu will I have to replay to be able to play the DLC?
The only caveat is Shenhua can't be captured by the Red Snakes in order to start the dlc. So it could be day one in Niaowu. Start it in Niaowu as early as possible. The Dlc is a microcosm of Shenmue III, and proves overall, it is a fun little game.

You'll have to replay up until the point where all of Niaowu is accessible, which is when you first lose to Mr Muscles, I think.

So, you'll have a lot of fun in Niaowu, I guess. :confused:

Yeah. Feels like it was a side mission from the main game which was cut out and sold as "dlc".

You may just want to save yourself the time and watch it on YouTube because playing through Niaowu is a pain in the...

Actually, you should be able to start it much sooner than that. Find the photo of Yuan at the ferry terminal and then speak to the man at the Buddhist shop on Vendor Avenue. The next morning, you should get a cutscene of Ryo meeting Zhang next to the hotel.

Yeah, you can start it, but to finish it you have to get to the Mr Muscles fights. All of Niaowu has to be accessible, otherwise you can't finish the dlc.

It's not a side mission cut out and sold as DlC. It fully is new content with three new characters, new outfits for both you and Shenhua. Also a new activity, the Chawan signs. Haters always want to hate.

Back