Streets of Rage movie announced

It's still very much early on, but man, I hope this is an awesome throwback movie.

Classic ‘90s beat-em-up Streets of Rage looks to be the latest video game to get its own movie. According to Deadline, the upcoming video game adaptation is currently in the works with John Wick creator Derek Kolstad writing the script.

It certainly feels like a good time for SEGA to adapt more of its existing properties, with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 dominating the box office and impressing critics.

Streets of Rage first appeared on the SEGA Genesis back in 1991 and has spawned a number of sequels. The side-scrolling beat-em-up tells the story of two former police officers taking to the streets to bring down a nefarious crime syndicate.

Since the game’s debut, Streets of Rage games have appeared on Xbox One, PS4, and even the Nintendo Switch. Among gamers of a certain age, Streets of Rage is often considered a classic title, so a big screen adaptation from a successful action director feels like a very natural choice.

Streets of Rage will be dj2 Entertainment’s latest video game adaptation, following on from Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s colossal box office performance. The company will also produce an adaptation of the BAFTA Game Award-winning title, It Takes Two.

I anticipate it would feel something like this! :cool:

Who ya want cast for Axel and Blaze?

I feel like chances are high that Hollywood will shit all over this one (as they do with most adaptations).
Besides, we've already been blessed with awesome SoR movies :-D

Back