Submit Your Ideas For An Episode of The Shenmue AM2 Podcast

Shenmue AM2 Podcast

Check us out on iTunes and YouTube
Logo.png

Hello Shenmue Dojo members!

Matt and I are always looking for ideas for new episodes of the podcasts and we thought we would open that process up to our community. Use this space to share your ideas for episodes of the podcast with us. I have included a list of upcoming episodes that we already have in the works or plan on doing. Here they are in absolutely no particular order:

How we think Shenmue 1&2 HD will be received.
Shenmue 1&2 HD hype episode.
Interview with Peter Campbell.
Interview with Mattis Bodtker.
Interview with Paul Lucas who is the voice actor for Lan Di and Chai.
Interview with Lisle Wilkerson who is the voice actor for Joy, Yuan, and Xuing.
Interview with Switch from the Phantom River Stone Blog.
Interview with Dreamcast Guy from the YouTube Channel of the same name.
Interview with Esra Krabbe from IGN Japan.
Profile of the various street fighters in Shenmue II.
What things we would change about Shenmue.
What things we would change about Shenmue II.
Discuss the What's Shenmue demo disc.
Comparing Shenmue to Yakuza.
Discuss the Project Berkley documentary/promo disc.
Review of Shenmue 1&2 HD.
Matt and I are going to have our wives on for an episode so they can share their thoughts on our obsession with the Shenmue series.
More character profile episodes.
Review of the A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue documentary upon it's release.

If you would like to confidentially submit an idea to us you can email it to [email protected]

I'd like an episode based on playthrough types. Like, what things you make sure to do and what things you don't care much about, etc...

What about a Q&A style thing where fans send in their questions around Shenmue and you guys use them as discussion points while answering them?

Episode on Shenmue merch/items

Interview with Shenmue Master?

I’m going to prefix all my submissions with “Not sure if done yet”.

How about an episode where you talk about the finer points on why you love each game, what do they each bring. Explore topics like the atmosphere etc.

How bout this, I know you haven’t done this, and it’s a long shot (all these sponsors have to start paying up)

You and Matt record an episode while walking down Dobuita in real life, your Shenmue pilgrimage ❤️

An episode where you and fans tell their craziest life experiences related to shenmue?

I know back in my play already did an interview with Ryan Payton, but would love to hear you guys pick his brains some more.

Maybe spend some time chattin about the gangs of Shenmue and how they relate to similar ones of the time?

An interview with Yu Suzuki? LOL
Breaking down certain techniques from Shenmue, like which ones come from Virtua Fighter, etc.
I know we can compare Yakuza to Shenmue, but also talk about how much of Virtua Fighter's influence still remained in Shenmue
Maybe do an episode where you prank call some of the phone numbers haha

I'm enjoying your Did you know Shenmue thread so do a Shenmue trivia episode. Maybe you could each bring in a list of stuff and try to stump each other. Or take questions from listeners and see if they can stump you. It'll also give you a chance to touch on some more obscure topics.

The wives episode sounds like it'll be interesting lol

How about episodes discussing favorite Scenes, Quotes, Locales or Scenery, Shops, NPCs, Arcade & Mini games, Moves, Fights, Mysteries, etc?

Last edited:
I'm enjoying your Did you know Shenmue thread so do a Shenmue trivia episode. Maybe you could each bring in a list of stuff and try to stump each other. Or take questions from listeners and see if they can stump you. It'll also give you a chance to touch on some more obscure topics.

The wives episode sounds like it'll be interesting lol

I just think a 'Did you know?' episode would be great! You could collate did you knows across the community and share on your podcast.

I think it would be cool if both of you came up with detailed plans for a Shenmue 'spin-off' game in advance (silly or otherwise) and then take turns on the podcast discussing your game, what you do, how it's played etc.

A variation on this could be you collaboratively inventing a spin off during the podcast.

If each of you could have dinner with one character from either game, who would you choose (and why would you choose that particular character), what would be on the menu, what questions would you ask, and how do you think the event would pan out?

Not sure if these came up on your various topics podcast (I swear I listened to all of them before at some point, just don't remember the details), but maybe you could do a "how faithful Shenmue Yokosuka and Hong Kong are compared to the real ones in the 80's" and a topic about all the martial arts featured in the games, specially Yu's favorite, Baji Quan and his friendship with real life grandmaster Wu LianZhi.

Bonus: You can also check out a small clip of Yu himself doing some motion capture for the game in this lost interview:

Back