Super Easter Eggs

FRASIER

“I’m listening”
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Rocket League
So I remember Yu being asked a question about hiding things in his games, and that some have still yet to be discovered. Is it safe to say this has been exhausted with Shenmue?I understand the irony in this question, as I'm technically asking "have all hidden secrets been found!?"

🥚

The scene where Nozomi beats the shit out of the two thugs in the park was only found recently, I believe.

My only explanation for this is that Izumi who was original Ryo Hazuki love interest could help you fight.
But then she was replaced by Nozomi. That is why Nozomi and Izumi have the same characters model waist down.
They have the same Skirt etc.

Anyway if you want to know more "Shenmue secrets"
Look into https://www.phantomriverstone.com/
Their blog has many really unique Shenmue secrets you probably have never knew about.

Another secret is meeting
In Game, Mr, Yukawa is the Senior Managing Director of Sega
You can meet him in Shenmue by
Ryo can obtain Mr. Yukawa Capsule Toys as a prize from the raffle at the Abe Store. Once he obtains them both then goes to Takara Sushi on the 9th of any month after 8pm he will encounter Yukawa there and they will talk about their last encounter. This dialogue was removed from the English versions of the game. Also on the day after Nozomi tells Ryo how she feels about him, after 11:00 pm, Ryo can see Yukawa at Bar Yokosuka having a drink.

This is one of the most hidden eastern eggs secrets very few people knew about.

There is also many secret Phone calls. Like calling Nozomi when you get fired from your job.
Shenmue II had many as well. As well many unique conversations like when Fangmei hits Ryo that he should move to her room instead. Or threatening to break Cool Z boombox

Also the Famous Shenmue Gun in Shenmue II. Yes is real but you can only see it and not use it. It's on one of the apartments in Kowloon. Another secret is giving the tiger poem to the martial arts teacher in Kowloon. He has a school inside one of the buildings.

The flat revolver texture on the table is lame. The SG-1000 Mark III consoles are a way better reward for peaking into all the Kowloon rooms.

My only explanation for this is that Izumi who was original Ryo Hazuki love interest could help you fight.
But then she was replaced by Nozomi. That is why Nozomi and Izumi have the same characters model waist down.

Their blog has many really unique Shenmue secrets you probably have never knew about.

Ryo can obtain Mr. Yukawa Capsule Toys as a prize from the raffle at the Abe Store. Once he obtains them both then goes to Takara Sushi on the 9th of any month after 8pm he will encounter Yukawa there and they will talk about their last encounter. This dialogue was removed from the English versions of the game. Also on the day after Nozomi tells Ryo how she feels about him, after 11:00 pm, Ryo can see Yukawa at Bar Yokosuka having a drink.

There is also many secret Phone calls. Like calling Nozomi when you get fired from your job.
Shenmue II had many as well. As well many unique conversations like when Fangmei hits Ryo that he should move to her room instead. Or threatening to break Cool Z boombox

Also the Famous Shenmue Gun in Shenmue II. Yes is real but you can only see it and not use it. It's on one of the apartments in Kowloon. Another secret is giving the tiger poem to the martial arts teacher in Kowloon. He has a school inside one of the buildings.

That's really cool, thanks!

Reactions: Ren

Knew about everything else, but you can give the poetry scroll to the teacher in Tiger Gate Kung Fu? Is that what you are talking about?

What? I’ve literally never heard of this. Can you do it at any point in the story in Kowloon?
You have to open the inventory and select the scroll with A, When you are right in front of the master.
I am not sure if you have to show it at a certain point of the story.

"Has Bluemue been stumped?!"

"WE HAVE STUMPED BLUEMUE!!!!"

(insert Mike Tenay for Bluemue and you have part of the opening commentary on Goldberg's first WCW match)

How could this even work? In Shenmue II you can't just open the inventory in front of NPCs because the Y button is Money Talk. Force it by looking away? It seems really strange.
There is no trick like that, but try to open scroll inside the dojo similar to how you feed cat or give winning can. Even though perhaps I am wrong and is based on meeting him on the right time. Been a long time I played that far in Shenmue Even Through I brought Shenmue I & II only played the first game.
For sure he does try to read the scroll but as I said the same as Gui Zhang can't read it.
Someone has save file vmu0.bin ? I could try it on emulator.

Has anyone ever uploaded a vid of the Fukusan bathroom incident that happens just before it snows?

Back