Super Easter Eggs

Watching this thread. Could these be recreated in the remaster??

You have to open the inventory and select the scroll with A, When you are right in front of the master.
I am not sure if you have to show it at a certain point of the story.
I just tried it and it doesn't work. tried from different angles and talking to him multiple times. It could be locked to a specific part in the story though so I'm not sure.

If anyone has footage or screens of it working I'd like to see it.

The bathroom incident is one I never remember to do on purpose...

I just tried it and it doesn't work. tried from different angles and talking to him multiple times. It could be locked to a specific part in the story though so I'm not sure.

If anyone has footage or screens of it working I'd like to see it.
From what I remember you get a scene or conversation like Guizang where he tries to read the scroll but can't read it as well.
I thought it was basic knowledge and some people knew about it seems I discovered something rare without been aware all these years, I discover it over a decade ago in the dreamcast EU version, so I don't remember exact details.
Are you playing on Shenmue I & II or from the emulator?
As well in English or Japanese? if you can share save file, I would like to give it a try.
Another surprising fact is that most people that played Shenmue II didn't know that martial arts schools existed in Kowloon.

You can barely find videos or picture of the place.
The reason, why Ryo ask him, is because notice the school named tiger and he a master of a tiger style. This is why he didn't ask other martial artists. I would have liked if Ryo showed other people in the game the scroll but that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
As well in English or Japanese?
I'm playing the remaster. My save is from just before the Yellow Head Building so it may be that the opportunity passed. Although like others have mentioned the UI doesn't really allow you to select the scroll (in both versions) so I'm inclined to think this doesn't work unless it just auto triggers at certain points in the story.

From what I remember you get a scene or conversation like Guizang where he tries to read the scroll but can't read it as well.
I thought it was basic knowledge and some people knew about it seems I discovered something rare without been aware all these years, I discover it over a decade ago in the dreamcast EU version, so I don't remember exact details.
As well in English or Japanese? if you can share save file, I would like to give it a try.
Another surprising fact is that most people that played Shenmue II didn't know that martial arts schools existed in Kowloon.

You can barely find videos or picture of the place.
The reason, why Ryo ask him, is because notice the school named tiger and he a master of a tiger style. This is why he didn't ask other martial artists. I would have liked if Ryo showed other people in the game the scroll but that doesn't happen.
Wow I never saw that room before ever

I'm playing the remaster. My save is from just before the Yellow Head Building so it may be that the opportunity passed. Although like others have mentioned the UI doesn't really allow you to select the scroll (in both versions) so I'm inclined to think this doesn't work unless it just auto triggers at certain points in the story.
Yes, I may have confused since last time, I played Shenmue I, you can do that.
So yes, I think is probably time-based/ or during a certain part of the story(like when you are free and not asking people how to progress story), perhaps one modder of Shenmue could get his character conversations to see.
the reality is this a character many people don't know that exists or even the school.
Since is not part of the main story, perhaps that was the intention and he played a role in the story, but was changed during development.

Back