The old dream of a perfect save file for Shenmue I. But...

Hi guys. I always wanted to make a perfect save file for shenmue 1 back on the old days of dreamcast, but never make it back then. Now with the HD release i'm try again, and after a time i achiev the following>
- The complete collection, even those hang on and space harrier tokens/
- Every optional cutscene trigered;
- Every possible note added on the notebook (except for the one that need you be defeat by Chai on arcade because i refuse lose to that guy);
-Never miss a QTE input or restart a fight by lose and never skip a conversation or scene;
-Alll itens and scrolls (not all moves at maximum, only half each);

BUUUT, there's one thing: Cassete tapes!

I'm missing four of them: MJQ, Harbor bar, harbor beats and dandy old man.
It would be a shame if i cannot do this time only because this. I know they kind useless and cannot be transfer to shenmue II, but i want everthing possible. Someone can give me a help on this please? I read in some places that are a between time those tapes appear in store, but its not right, they appear random from time to time (a lot of days). I have a secure save file on the second day at work with everthing on 8th january 1987, but i cannot take too much days because i want to transfer my save to shemue 2 in time to do the Fangmei birthday, i plan finish the game at maximum 10th february to start shenmue II at 20th february. Is still possible for me collect those missing tapes and finish the game before that. Anyone knos how?

I have a secure save file on the second day at work with everthing on 8th january 1987, but i cannot take too much days because i want to transfer my save to shemue 2 in time to do the Fangmei birthday, i plan finish the game at maximum 10th february to start shenmue II at 20th february. Is still possible for me collect those missing tapes and finish the game before that. Anyone knos how?

If you want to start Shenmue II on 20th February, you'll have to finish by January 31st.

Now, onto the real question:

BUUUT, there's one thing: Cassete tapes!

I'm missing four of them: MJQ, Harbor bar, harbor beats and dandy old man.

It would be a shame if i cannot do this time only because this. I know they kind useless and cannot be transfer to shenmue II, but i want everthing possible. Someone can give me a help on this please? I read in some places that are a between time those tapes appear in store, but its not right, they appear random from time to time (a lot of days).

They don't appear randomly; the guides are kinda incomplete in their information. Cassettes cycle around five different sets, which changes every Saturday.

Set A:
Dobuita - Go Go, Flower Girl, Antiquity Tree, Linda
Harbour - Hip de Hop, Like a Feeling, NaNa, Spider

Set B:
Dobuita - Feel Tired Song, Hip de Hop, Like a Feeling, Heart Beats
Harbour - Liquor, Destiny, Boz Nov, Strong

Set C:
Dobuita - Dandy Old Man, Liquor, Destiny, Boz Nov
Harbour - Flower Girl, Antiquity Tree, Be-Witch, Harbor Beats

Set D:
Dobuita - Be-Witch, MJQ, Harbor Bar, NaNa
Harbour - Feel Tired Song, Dandy Old Man, Harbor Bar, Glyfada

Set E:
Dobuita - Spider, Glyfada, YADA, Yokosuka Blues
Harbour - Go Go, Linda, YADA, Yokosuka Blues

Nov 29-Dec 05: A
Dec 06-12: B
Dec 13-19: C
Dec 20-26: D
Dec 27-Jan 02: E
Jan 03-09: A
Jan 10-16: B
Jan 17-23: C
Jan 24-30: D
Jan 31-Feb 06: E
Feb 07-13: A
Feb 14-20: B
Feb 21-27: C
Feb 28-Mar 06: D
Mar 07-13: E
Mar 14-20: A
Mar 21-27: B
Mar 28-Apr 03: C
Apr 04-Apr 10: D
Apr 11-Apr 17: E

If you are currently at January 8th, you will need to wait until January 17th to buy Dandy Old Man and Harbor Beats, and January 24th to buy MJQ and Harbor Bar. If you make the 24th your last day of work, you'll leave for Hong Kong on the 26th and arrive on February 15th, which is enough time to do Fangmei's sidequest.

If you want to start Shenmue II on 20th February, you'll have to finish by January 31st.

Now, onto the real question:

They don't appear randomly; the guides are kinda incomplete in their information. Cassettes cycle around five different sets, which changes every Saturday.

Set A:
Dobuita - Go Go, Flower Girl, Antiquity Tree, Linda
Harbour - Hip de Hop, Like a Feeling, NaNa, Spider

Set B:
Dobuita - Feel Tired Song, Hip de Hop, Like a Feeling, Heart Beats
Harbour - Liquor, Destiny, Boz Nov, Strong

Set C:
Dobuita - Dandy Old Man, Liquor, Destiny, Boz Nov
Harbour - Flower Girl, Antiquity Tree, Be-Witch, Harbor Beats

Set D:
Dobuita - Be-Witch, MJQ, Harbor Bar, NaNa
Harbour - Feel Tired Song, Dandy Old Man, Harbor Bar, Glyfada

Set E:
Dobuita - Spider, Glyfada, YADA, Yokosuka Blues
Harbour - Go Go, Linda, YADA, Yokosuka Blues

Nov 29-Dec 05: A
Dec 06-12: B
Dec 13-19: C
Dec 20-26: D
Dec 27-Jan 02: E
Jan 03-09: A
Jan 10-16: B
Jan 17-23: C
Jan 24-30: D
Jan 31-Feb 06: E
Feb 07-13: A
Feb 14-20: B
Feb 21-27: C
Feb 28-Mar 06: D
Mar 07-13: E
Mar 14-20: A
Mar 21-27: B
Mar 28-Apr 03: C
Apr 04-Apr 10: D
Apr 11-Apr 17: E

If you are currently at January 8th, you will need to wait until January 17th to buy Dandy Old Man and Harbor Beats, and January 24th to buy MJQ and Harbor Bar. If you make the 24th your last day of work, you'll leave for Hong Kong on the 26th and arrive on February 15th, which is enough time to do Fangmei's sidequest.
Thank you very much dude, it worked, now i can finally have my perfect save file for Shenmue 1.

Back