THE PROBLEM OF EXTRACTING MODELS FROM SHENMUE1&2,HELP!

Dear members,
Hello, I have some problem in extracting the models in Shenmue 1&2.It confused me to extract the mt7 files.
I only get the mt7 files but don't find a way to convert them.
I would be most grateful if you could teach me how to extract the character models in Shenmue2.
Yours sincerely.
XPOINTED.
1710175502253.png
1710176277311.png

Last edited:
The tool you're using doesn't convert any models. It explores file containers (tac/tad) and allows you to export the content. For that matter, converting MT5/7 you need wudecon. Its last revision is avaliable at LemonHaze's GitHub repository along the instructions to operate with it (its a commandline tool, there's no user interface but its pretty straightforward)
Also keep in mind - just in case - while it converts Shenmue I MT5 on every port, for Shenmue II MT7 its "limited" to Xbox/PC ports.

Dear members,
Hello, I have some problem in extracting the models in Shenmue 1&2.It confused me to extract the mt7 files.
I only get the mt7 files but don't find a way to convert them.
I would be most grateful if you could teach me how to extract the character models in Shenmue2.
Yours sincerely.
XPOINTED.
View attachment 19445
View attachment 19446
Try Ninjaripper as well.

Ninjaripper extracts the scene with all the individual meshes collapsed into the 3d space origin. It certainly works really well for items like capsule toys, after cleaning in Blender but for characters and maps is a pain. And iirc, mouth meshes were loaded all at once.

Back