The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Two reviews are out. V247 - 6/10
jeuxvideo - 5/10

Not looking good.

Better than I expected. It's really not good. I'm enjoying it but only in the sense that I enjoy watching bad movies like troll 2 or the room. As an objective reviewer I would find it hard to justify a 6 to be honest.

Better than I expected. It's really not good. I'm enjoying it but only in the sense that I enjoy watching bad movies like troll 2 or the room. As an objective reviewer I would find it hard to justify a 6 to be honest.

So you think Shenmue III is so bad it's good?

So far I think it's so good it's good. But hey opinions and all that.

10/10 from these guys

Will this show up on Metacritic? It needs a higher average to avoid being compared to Mighty no9 and to avoid five million video essays on "what went wrong".

Will this show up on Metacritic? It needs a higher average to avoid being compared to Mighty no9 and to avoid five million video essays on "what went wrong".

Probably not. But as far as I am concerned, they aren't any different from any other reviewer.

Not expecting OOT scores or anything. I just want an average of 7 or so.
I think in order to achieve a 7 average and go green on metacritic a lot of critics who are Shenmue "fans" will need to be reviewing. A lot of early indications with previews and such indicate they should be. *fingers crossed*

I couldn't find their scores on metacritic for 2 other games they reviewed, so I'm guessing not. Is there anything we could do to help get the site on metacritic? Does metacritic base their pool based on alexa rankings? Or is it more or less completely arbitrary?

Is JeuxVideo that site that was always really shitty to Shenmue 3 (student project etc.) or is that the other one?

Is JeuxVideo that site that was always really shitty to Shenmue 3 (student project etc.) or is that the other one?

Dunno but someone over in the spoiler forum claims it's an edgy site with a mostly teenage audience so I guess it caters to such an audience.

Just hope it won't dip below 60, will make it hard to convince a publisher to greenlight another sequel

I'm pretty sure its too late already, were gonna be seeing a what killed shenmmue videos for a while to come, that or it fades into obscurity.

Just hope it won't dip below 60, will make it hard to convince a publisher to greenlight another sequel
I went into 3 with the assumption its going to flop hard and 4 wont ever happen at least in game form. These early reviews are not definitive but I dont think they arent really giving me hope that i was pessimistic.

Dunno but someone over in the spoiler forum claims it's an edgy site with a mostly teenage audience so I guess it caters to such an audience.

A 6/10 is very charitable, I don't see any evidence of the reviewer looking to be edgy. They'd have given it a 0/10 if that were the case.

A 6/10 is very charitable, I don't see any evidence of the reviewer looking to be edgy. They'd have given it a 0/10 if that were the case.
Are you even a fan of the series?

Back