The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

To be entirely frank with yall, I was expecting reviews to be WAAAAAY harsher so 6.5's while not like.....good, is relieving to me compared to what it can be.

As long as gamepsot or something with a heavy weight doesnt drop a bomb on us at least.

are these the only 4 reviews we know of that are pending?

Yes, those 4 scores should be added any minute now. AFAIK no other reviews are pending right now. But there are a bunch of sites who has not reviewed the game yet (EasyAllies, PushSquare, Gamespot etc)

3D Juegos writer is long time fan of the saga and I actually meet him personally, I can understand why the score and I was guessing something around 6-7 before reading it. If you read the review you can agree or not, but there is not cheap-easy angles on it, longstory short of the article is that S3 is inferior to S1 and S2 in several aspects.

I read it via Google Translate and pretty much agree with everything he said.

Sucks that IGN has such a huge viewership with that lovely 5.9.

Agreed. So weighty. Like I really don't give a hoot about that aggressively low 45 from whatever that other site was. But the 5.9 from IGN is a bit of a gut punch especially when you consider the other IGN regions were 7s and 9.

I read it via Google Translate and pretty much agree with everything he said.
I don't know yet since I am still in Bailu, but I can understand what he does not like about the game (even when I am loving it I can see the problems in it)

This was a great day with a lot of 8s and then came out this 5 to ruin it :crying:

We expected usgamer to f*k the score up so at least we got that out the way. Lets hope gamespot pulls through. Easy allies should sort us out no doubt

Thruth hurts but after reaching Niaowu, I must admit that I'm not shocked anymore to see such average/mediocre scores... If it keeps above 70 at the end, we should be happy.

Back