The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

The IGN score had a big impact on the average.

It actually had zero impact on the PS4 version average. It was reviewed for PC

The PS4 it's cool, the weird stuff it's PC, that appears with 66 but actually its 69.

There's no higher votes or important votes, every vote equals the same.

The real wildcard is gamespot. That might decide things. We just need a 7 or even a little below to maintain our current rank.

Pretty certain we'll get a 8 from easyallies, but obviously their weight is not the same as gamespot

The real wildcard is gamespot. That might decide things. We just need a 7 or even a little below to maintain our current rank.

Pretty certain we'll get a 8 from easyallies, but obviously their weight is not the same as gamespot

Thanks to the sexy 100 and the 80 we just got, I think we might survive Gamespot if it gives it a 6.0 so long as the other missing reviews don't go too crazy (EasyAllies, EDGE, PushSquare)

Look at this... A small website with only a few visits, less than 100 views of this video, and still it's the only one who actually understood what's this shit about.

Matt, MY BOY.

Dude even responded to my YouTube comment. Things never feel this cozy with the big boys. Glad they're on Metacritic too.

New review from Gamereactor (Score 8.0)

This is NOT eligible for Metacritic.

I have added it to my list!

I'm at the point in the game where I can make phone calls, however, each character appears to have only one available conversation. If that's the case then once you've spoken to each character are you pretty much done with that part of the game?

Edit: Realised this doesn't belong here. Apologies.

Last edited:
Are there any spoilers? I'm interested to know this viewpoint.

Not really. It's mostly about how the game is more similar to theatre than cinema and how it's a realized artistic vision. Actually a really dope take

Thanks to the sexy 100 and the 80 we just got, I think we might survive Gamespot if it gives it a 6.0 so long as the other missing reviews don't go too crazy (EasyAllies, EDGE, PushSquare)
I bet you those two only have a weight of .5 to the overall score while GameSpot is absolutely a 1.5, so regardless of what direction they go in they will push the score in that one. I think its all still coming down to gamespot

Back