The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Sigh. That article that is supposed to be about where their review is, is 90% about the evil EGS and Kickstarter. If whoever is reviewing hates EGS, I don't think we can expect more than a 5 from them.
I feel more bad that in the comments something completely different to shenmue was happening, for some reason a couple of guys were being dicks to this one writer for the site and she responded with alot of class to it, but it was these assholes replying to her going "thank god your not review it you suck" directly to her, like jesus bro have some tact.

Gamereactor Norway gave it a 6/10.

It was a fair review I would say.

80 on metacritic added recently.

It's 71.54. Very nice.

If somebody gives a:
75: it will be 71.6
80: it will be 71.7
85: it will be 71.9
90: it will be 72

Please when our list it's updated quote it so we can find them easily and we can do the math of the entire score

You know, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the fairly high amount of 8s, 9s, and even a few tens the game has gotten. I know a lot of these won't count towards to the metacritic, and many plebs only care about the metacritic average, and blah blah blah. But ultimately I think we had a pretty good haul, not bad at all. 👌

You know, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the fairly high amount of 8s, 9s, and even a few tens the game has gotten. I know a lot of these won't count towards to the metacritic, and many plebs only care about the metacritic average, and blah blah blah. But ultimately I think we had a pretty good haul, not bad at all. 👌
Agreed. Overall its reviewed very well. Hope sales match it.

Also using the word plebs.... not heard that in a long time!

Same. I legitimately thought this game was going to get a ton of 4's and 5's after the first couple trailers. If 6 years ago someone told us we'd get a Shenmue 3 that was true to the spirit of the prior games but was critically a mixed bag, most if not all of us would have signed up for that.

Last edited:
Back