Thoughts on, and advice, on arm wrestling in Shenmue 2.

I would love to get some tips on arm wrestling. I usually get obliterated after the first level and never return to it. I wouldn't mind giving it a proper go and figuring it out to some degree.

Care to say anything about arm wrestling in general, and any tips you might have?

Often I've lost right at the get go and miss the timing completely.

The start of matches is indeed a bit strange. You have to press a little earlier than what the signal of the bookie would suggest. As for mashing, put the controller down on your lap and let your entire lower arm work rather than just your finger. Surely there are other techniques but this one works best for me. The QTEs are of course helpful if you manage to catch them. They are somewhat lenient when it comes to switching over from mashing but don't get too carried away and always be sorta ready.

Pretty basic advice but that's really all I can say about it.

All the previous advices are accurate but I must make it clear: concerning difficulty THIS is the real thing of the Shenmue minigames (along with darts which I suck at by the way) no matter what you use, its mandatory to really tense your arm muscles and repeteadly press the hell of action button like in spasmodic move. If you finish winning with your real life arm exhausted you're doing ok. And then there's the random quick commands. I think Yu Suzuki implemented that menacing wrestling arcade from the good ol 90s with this.
Search for tips at FFVIII GF support, its very very similar.

Back