Top 3 Game Studios/Publishers You'd want to join?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
And tell me what is your ambitious goal &/or why? Hypothetically ofc.:whistle:

1.) Sega
-I want to see Shenmue completed, Panzer Dragoon Saga get a proper chance+remake, & Direct/Produce a Skies of Arcadia Sequel.:geek:

2.) Square-Enix
-I want to save FF. Square needs to let a passionate Fan(e.g. Sonic Mania) re-steered this series back into proper waters. Srsly. :rolleyes:

3.) Koei-Tecmo
- I want to revive Kessen. I truly gosh darn still love that series...:crying:

Aside from the obvious Sega/YSnet, I only have two: wherever Fumito Ueda or Tetsuya Mizoguchi are currently.

Those two complete my ultimate triumverate with Suzuki. Nagoshi and Kojima are EXTREMELY, virtually indiscernably, close behind them.

3) Sumo Digital
Based in Sheffield, so it’s pretty close by and is a large studio. Despite the indie route looking like the right one to take atm if I’m to fulfil my ambitions, I’d much prefer to work in a large studio. Probably wouldn’t give a fuck what kinda project it is, it’d be a good job to have, so that’s why I’d wanna work there.

2) DICE
Always said there’s two places I’d move to for work reasons: Canada and (insert whichever Scandinavian country here). Again, it’s a good company to work for, and they release some pretty massive titles.

1) Ubisoft Montreal
Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry... pretty much anything you work on here’s gonna be mint. This is the only place I’d really wanna push to be properly involved in summat, that thing being Splinter Cell.

At the end of the day, I’m probably not gonna be a major cog in the machine if I get a job in a studio, but as long as it’s well paid and there’s a variety of people there, I’m not really arsed.

With all the stories coming out lately from multiple companies about devs basically being exploited and worked into the ground because it's supposedly a "dream job," it actually sounds like one of the worst career choices you could possibly make.

I dont like typical modern western games like Battlefield, Fifa, Assassins Creed etc.
I like smaller (serious / dark / weird) games that are only made for a very specific group of people.

Games like Killer 7, Deadly Premonition, Max Payne 1, D4 Dark Dreams Dont Die, The Cat Lady, Bayonetta, ...
Story games where you have to think about whats going on,
games that dont use that typical everything is fine and easy AAA Hollywood script.

So i would totally join smaller studios that are depending on Kickstarter money or small publisher budgets
because chances are higher that you can do more personal and special games
because no one expects billions of sales from you.

Of course there are big studios like the one from Kojima but pretty much all of the other big well known studios
are just doing flat "fun" games with no special audience target. Games for everyone. I dont like that.

I'd rather set up my own studio. Why work on someone else's games when you can work on your own?

Not everyone wants to, and setting up your own studio takes more than just being able to make good games, you need to have good entrepreneurial skills too. No point in toiling over your passion project when nobody knows about it. Word of mouth can be powerful, but it’s useless on its own.

Random side-comment: Why the hell did my phone just autocorrect “it” to “Iran”?

Not everyone wants to, and setting up your own studio takes more than just being able to make good games, you need to have good entrepreneurial skills too. No point in toiling over your passion project when nobody knows about it. Word of mouth can be powerful, but it’s useless on its own.

Of course, but my point is if I had to choose a publisher/studio, I'd choose me.

1. YS Net: This one is obvious, I love Shenmue and would want to somehow put my mark on the series.
  2. Bethesda: Hopefully they would accept some of my ideas to make a better open world game.
  3. Nintendo: Much like with Shenmue they make the games I would like to influence.

Capcom
Mega Man Legends 3, the X series, and Battle Network needs to come back

Valve
Half-Life 3, Portal 3, Team fortress 3, DOTA 3, Left for Dead 3, I mostly want to join just because I think someone needs to teach Valve how to count higher then 2.
I know Team Fortress and Dota don't need a 3rd installment but for the sake of the joke I added them

EA. So I can work my way to the top and fire everyone in charge of crappy micro transitions and get all the studios under their control to just focus on making games fun and complete.

With all the stories coming out lately from multiple companies about devs basically being exploited and worked into the ground because it's supposedly a "dream job," it actually sounds like one of the worst career choices you could possibly make.

But where would U wanna go if ask to entertain the thought tho mate? :geek:

Any studio/IP's you'd wanna be a part of or like to influence growing up as a gamer-lad...?:whistle:

Well I think an inside look at Nintendo's studios would be incredible. The ideas they leave on the cutting room floor or choose not to develop would probably keep another company in sequels for decades to come.

1. Sega - I'm a massive Sega fanboy in general, so there's a million different reasons really, but... Space Harrier 3. ?
  2. Cave - No more phone games, Make Shmups Great Again!
  3. Platinum - So I can get them to stopping making Nintendo exclusives! ? Also so Dog Hand can be made, a spiritual successor to God Hand, starring Jean who looks remarkably similar to Gene with a mustache.

Well I think an inside look at Nintendo's studios would be incredible. The ideas they leave on the cutting room floor or choose not to develop would probably keep another company in sequels for decades to come.
The black box room of Nintendo. Def a very good choice!(y)

1. Sega - I'm a massive Sega fanboy in general, so there's a million different reasons really, but... Space Harrier 3. ?
  2. Cave - No more phone games, Make Shmups Great Again!
  3. Platinum - So I can get them to stopping making Nintendo exclusives! ? Also so Dog Hand can be made, a spiritual successor to God Hand, starring Jean who looks remarkably similar to Gene with a mustache.

Has there been bad shmups released lately? I thought it's been thriving on PCs.
Also, #3 has me lol'd way more than I normally do after picturing the thought.

The black box room of Nintendo. Def a very good choice!(y)

Has there been bad shmups released lately? I thought it's been thriving on PCs.
Also, #3 has me lol'd way more than I normally do after picturing the thought.
Yeah you're right, there are tons of great shmup ports and indie releases on PC nowadays. I guess my real issue is the big dawgs from Japanese arcade development aren't making new shmups anymore. Although, M2 is apparently working on a new Aleste, and Zerodiv (which contains many ex-Psikyo devs apparently) have recently just announced a new Strikers game, so things are certainly looking up if those games ever come out. Treasure claims to have a new shmup almost ready to go as well, and that they just need an artist for it... But that was years ago, I don't think that one is ever coming out honestly.

Yeah you're right, there are tons of great shmup ports and indie releases on PC nowadays. I guess my real issue is the big dawgs from Japanese arcade development aren't making new shmups anymore. Although, M2 is apparently working on a new Aleste, and Zerodiv (which contains many ex-Psikyo devs apparently) have recently just announced a new Strikers game, so things are certainly looking up if those games ever come out. Treasure claims to have a new shmup almost ready to go as well, and that they just need an artist for it... But that was years ago, I don't think that one is ever coming out honestly.

Treasure is still around developing? I'm not too into the shmup scene to know but great to see an old Sega partner still healthy and around.:giggle:

Back