Trepidations...

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
People on deepsilvers twitter acc are flaunting that they're pirating(Revenge) as backlash against DS Metro move. A pic of over 600k copies have been pirated was shown on the ticker. They plan to do the same for any new DS published IP to "Hurt" them till they get the message.:cautious:

I'm scared 4 S3 now.

Fans finally found and caught the Shenmue Unicorn after 20 years...Is there any contingency in place so we won't lose the IP again? I really want the saga to finish so badly. :crying:

Also, Ur guys thoughts on the matter?:unsure:

Twitter thread:
Pirated counter pic:

Last edited:
I didn't see that post and I've been looking for it in two twitter accounts of DS, it doesn't look too serious. Anyway, as any other game, Shenmue 3 will be pirated (as much as I feel sorry about it), but we can't do nothing about it. Maybe the people who play the pirated version will be the people who wasn't going to buy it anyway.

People on deepsilvers twitter acc are flaunting that they're pirating(Revenge) as backlash against DS Metro move. A pic of over 600k copies have been pirated was shown on the ticker. They plan to do the same for any new DS published IP to "Hurt" them till they get the message.:cautious:

I'm scared 4 S3 now.

Fans finally found and caught the Shenmue Unicorn after 20 years...Is there any contingency in place so we won't lose the IP again? I really want the saga to finish so badly. :crying:

Also, Ur guys thoughts on the

It's an unfortunate reality that piracy is a part of gaming whether one likes it or not. Every game or should I say piece of media is subject to this and Shenmue 3 will be no different. Humans are entitled and greedy always wanting instant gratification without a care as to who else it harms. The only thing that we can do is to support Shenmue 3 to our fullest and encourage others to do the same. Hopefully that'll be enough, it's not like those who were going to pirate the game really cared about the game anyway.

I didn't see that post and I've been looking for it in two twitter accounts of DS, it doesn't look too serious. Anyway, as any other game, Shenmue 3 will be pirated (as much as I feel sorry about it), but we can't do nothing about it. Maybe the people who play the pirated version will be the people who wasn't going to buy it anyway.

I updated thread with relevant source. Srry bout that.:oops:

It's an unfortunate reality that piracy is a part of gaming whether one likes it or not. Every game or should I say piece of media is subject to this and Shenmue 3 will be no different. Humans are entitled and greedy always wanting instant gratification without a care as to who else it harms. The only thing that we can do is to support Shenmue 3 to our fullest and encourage others to do the same. Hopefully that'll be enough, it's not like those who were going to pirate the game really cared about the game anyway.

People are also review bombing Metro down to a 6/10 aggregated user reviews. Shenmue getting caught in the cross-fire would suck. Heck, Shenmue's fate...hope it won't struggled with bad luck of the draw again. Can't catch a break. :crying:

Well, after taking a look at that twiiter post, I don't see it that serious. If you take a look at whatever torrent of a game pirated you'll see thousands of people downloading the game, just as this one. I can see people angry with DS because of what the have done to them with this game but there are other people just talking about the game and how they like it.

I'm not sure this will affect Shenmue more than normal piracy.

I really wouldn't worry about a bunch of basement-dwelling incels. Their impact on Metro Exodus, let alone Shenmue 3 which is coming out months later, will be minimal.

I updated thread with relevant source. Srry bout that.:oops:

People are also review bombing Metro down to a 6/10 aggregated user reviews. Shenmue getting caught in the cross-fire would suck. Heck, Shenmue's fate...hope it won't struggled with bad luck of the draw again. Can't catch a break. :crying:

Don't worry too much about this, I don't think DS will take Shenmue 3 to Epic Store after all the mess they have made. And I've seen mixed opinions about Metro.

When the backlash over Metro Exodus on the Epic Store began, I felt like it was a bunch of irrational manbabies making a mountain out of a molehill. But now that they're punishing Deep Silver with piracy and review bombing, I see that their position is in fact reasonable and maturely considered. Thanks to them for the helpful clarification.

Well, after taking a look at that twiiter post, I don't see it that serious. If you take a look at whatever torrent of a game pirated you'll see thousands of people downloading the game, just as this one. I can see people angry with DS because of what the have done to them with this game but there are other people just talking about the game and how they like it.

I'm not sure this will affect Shenmue more than normal piracy.

if S3 takes a 600k+ hit can it still be profitable since it's a niche series now...? 1m+ sales is gunna be even harder if this comes to pass. :crying:

if S3 takes a 600k+ hit can it still be profitable since it's a niche series now...? 1m+ sales is gunna be even harder if this comes to pass. :crying:
These man-babies are the vocal minority. They want to make themselves seem more important than they actually are by flooding social media and trying to scare DS. There is no way they've lost 600,000 in sales, not even close. That number is so easy to fake.

Some PC Gamers are just children in the Body of an adult. I do not get it why the epic store gets that much hate. It is just ridiculous. I am old enough to remember the hate steam got, when it came up, and now the same nerds love steam and hate a new store.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well this hate was part of the reason why I got Metro earlier than planned and I do not regret it. It is a great game that does not deserve this negativity.

But I do not think that the Metro "Problem" will effect Shenmue 3 in any ways. Shenmue 3 is not the type of game that attracts this Kind of idiots. It is no type of game for such People.

Shenmue 3 should be more intersting to the more adult type of Gamers that does not like playing such stupid Boykott games.

The people pirating Metro Exodus were never going to buy the game anyway. They're just using the backlash as a faux justification for it.

Even if there was no backlash, the number would have been extremely similar, just less publicized.

There's nothing to worry about here.

S3 is 6 months from now, plenty of time for DS to sort out whatever PR issues they're having. I really don't think they're going to release S3 as a timed exclusive on Epic's store anyways.

Eh, pirating will always happen unfortunately. Hope everything gets sorted out. I don't believe that shenmue 3 will attract this audience however; most of these teens that pirate games probably have never even heard of shenmue lmao

I'm not too concerned. Piracy has always been around and likely won't even impact Shenmue 3.

A vocal minority are trying to cause a stir for their own end and it will likely die down very quickly

this doesnt really fit in here but i wouldnt use a torrent for a deep silver game.
deep silver is a part of koch media and koch media is a european publisher for big cinema movies.

there are tons of reports where people illegal downloaded games or movies that are published by ds / km
and they got a nice cease and desist letter from their lawyer.
you have to pay 750-2000€ or go to court.

sounds like a lot of fun.

so if you think that 600.000 people got Metro Exodus for free ... they are in for a surprise.

Last edited:
Not worried in the slightest about this. If anything, Shenmue I and II probably got pirated 10 times worse on the DC than III will be.

Back