"Try Warehouse #4. Sometimes I'll be there myself"

ShenGCH

Who the fuck is Coco, bitch?!
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
As anyone who has taken the advice of ol' Shozo Mizuki is well aware, he is, in fact, never there. Why does he even say this, though? Was he originally planned to make appearances which ended up being scrapped for one reason or another, but it was too late to remove the reference from the cutscene? Was it just a throwaway line and him making appearances during training was never even a consideration? Or is it simply a case of poor translation (i.e. "I even train there myself")?

A potential Phantom River Stone post regarding the translation, perhaps, @Switch?

That's an interesting observation.

I had a quick check of hIs words in Japanese, which translate to "I occasionally use it [for training] myself." Compared to the English this sounds more like a hint that you can use it for training, rather than an expectation you might see him there.

Always wondered that, but I figured it was like Switch said, just a throwaway line to tell you that it was possible to train there.

Another person to train throw moves with would have been handy, so it's a shame this wasn't added.

Would've been hilarious if it'd been added, though I suppose it makes some narrative sense that Ryo wouldn't go round continually breaking an old homeless guy's arm.

Back