upcoming games & movies

Resident Evil: Death Island <-- Movie. Not game.

Looks like we're finally going to get the aftermath story for Jill after her brainwashing from Wesker in RE5. About time.

Now, I'm not a fan of the newer games (RE7,8) but I am a fan of the characters that will be in this film. I've also been wanting to see the aftermath story for over a decade now having expected to see it in RE6. Instead, Capcom ignored that glaring bit of information entirely... until now.

Movie comes out in late July apparently. I'll probably pick up the 4k edition like I did with Vendetta.

Last edited:
Looking forward to next RE CG movie. Although these movies are far from perfect I enjoyed every movie so far. These computer movies are the best RE movies we have so far. Much better than the live action stuff.

I still hope we got a RE movie at some point in the future that shows the horror aspect of the franchise.

Took a look online and you can already preorder the 4K edition of the movie. So far, retailers only have the 4K edition listed as a steelbook version. I like the boxart. Bestbuy has it for $35 while Amazon of all places has it at an eye watering $50.

Don’t know about it technically being a trailer, but still cool to know we’re getting a remaster. I’d have preferred the idea of a sequel given how Travis Strikes Again presented it, but maybe this just means it’s possible after the sales of this thing. Kinda hoping the Grasshopper Direct might cover more than just this game. Others are excited about both this as well as Lollipop Chainsaw getting one, and don’t get me wrong, I am as well, but I believe I’ve read that is being handled entirely outside of anything Grasshopper related.

Also not a new announcement, but I really enjoyed this trailer and am even more excited for this game. Hoping my pc can run it well enough. Glad it’s coming around my birthday.

Haven’t watched much else from the recent gameshow thing but tbh haven’t heard much I’d be interested in. Maybe the new Prince of Persia? A bit doubtful. And the new Sonic looks like just another bland nostalgia trip sadly. But then, I’ve been playing Tears of the Kingdom for over 100 hours and may be all gamed out for a while anyway lol

Reactions: red
FF7 Rebirth <-- Game Fest Trailer

Really looking forward to this one. Been stuck at the end of disc 1 since the PS1 days as I had a faulty copy. Remake ends basically at the same place. I'll get to finally move forward.

You never experienced the rest of FFVII in other form?
Never got around to buying a different PS1 copy. I had moved on to other games. Right when I was considering buying a new copy, the real remake was announced in 2015. So I waited. After I completed the game, I let out an exasperated sigh.
Part 2... here I come.

I'll probably replay Part 1 with the lack of anything of interest releasing the rest of the year for me.

Never got around to buying a different PS1 copy. I had moved on to other games. Right when I was considering buying a new copy, the real remake was announced in 2015. So I waited. After I completed the game, I let out an exasperated sigh.
Part 2... here I come.

I'll probably replay Part 1 with the lack of anything of interest releasing the rest of the year for me.
If what you say happened to me, I would "speak" to the TV/Game. Your sigh results me very very balanced and Wudesque.

Really looking forward to the Pokémon dlc now. And to have both a new Yakuza as well as the Mario RPG remake right before my birthday is pretty great! Just wish it wasn’t still many months away.

new south park game has been announced. coming out in 2024.
it's going to be in 3d. other than that, i imagine the gameplay will be similar to the previous 2 games.

Last edited:
Back