Very disappointed in the PS4 Asia Digital Download Situation

Benwahwah

Disciple of Hokuto
So, I am here in Thailand and I have been given THREE codes to redeem the game and DLC from Fangamer, none of which are working. I am going up the wall with this at the minute, as I have managed to get a half day today and want to start playing in 3 hours.

The error message I'm getting is 'The prepaid card could not be redeemed, please try again later.'

So, is anyone else able to redeem their PSN codes? More particularly is this an issue with all the codes, is this an issue which just the Asian store, or is this just an issue that I'm experiencing.

I got mine to work (12 digit code from Fangamer) - it said it would be available from midnight in the UK and it was. Downloading now... I only had the one code but I only had the game and no extras

I'm pretty sure this is to do with the problems that there have been on the Asian PSN. To be honest I'm fucking pissed. I ordered physical copies and watched while EVERY other region has been receiving their games. Now it is release day and I can't access what I have paid for. I know that I am going to end up buying it again on the PSN just so I can play it today and I really resent it.

I've even received an email from Fangamer telling me my download code is ready.

Does this means that I need to wait, right?

gT9rmYs.png

And probably who selected asia psn received little early, right?

Does this means that I need to wait, right?

gT9rmYs.png

And probably who selected asia psn received little early, right?

I think that is just for the US store as people in Europe have already redeemed their code. Plus the game is available for sale on PSN in Asia now.

STILL NO CODES ARE WORKING!

I’ve ended up having to buy the game for an time just so I can actually play it on launch day. Never mind the fact I have purchased the following.

Shenmue Guestbook $600 (Physical)
Signed Kickstarter $250 (Physical)
World Telecom $80 (Digital Download)
Physical Edition from Play-Asia $76
Pix-n-Love Collectors x2 $168

That is a total of $948. I thought I had all bases covered. I was wrong. Now I’ve had to add

PSN Digital Download $63

To bring my grand prize total to $1012

All of this mess today is because Fangamer are useless. They were meant to get the games out to backers by launch day. Nope, Asia region (excluding China and Japan) don’t get physicals on release day. I thought Fangamer did the right thing by saying that they would give digital download codes to Asian Backers. The problem is NONE of them work! I have three full game download codes and 3 dlc codes. I haven’t been able to get PSN to accept any of the codes today.

Of course, I emailed fangamer and don’t expect to hear anything from them, just like I didn’t hear anything from my previous emails to them.

I’m seriously pissed off about this. I’ve tried to remain positive about things, but truly think that I’ve got the rough end of the stick here.

Sorry for venting, but honestly, this has been a shit-show for me.

Back