Video 1 - Shenmue III MINIGAME footage from IGN Japan (13 minutes)

I really like the flashy UI -- it's got juicy feedback to it. Maybe not the best gameplay footage to kick off with haha -- but still. Loved that they streamlined the capsule buying process as well.

Look, I'm probably not going to do the turtle race more than a few times. Lucky Hit I'll probably do 5-10 times the entire game. Roll it on Top is probably my go-to for easy cash.
You should try some Big or Small, maybe it's just my sixth sense but I make so much money in that game even when I don't save scum.

Is this an old build? Huber just mentioned something about footage of an older build on the Easy Allies stream. Makes me wonder if this is the build they were showing off at Monaco then?

minigames seem boring, would have liked to see some arcade games. I guess the vibrant and noise environment from Shenmue II seems missing.

Is this an old build? Huber just mentioned something about footage of an older build on the Easy Allies stream. Makes me wonder if this is the build they were showing off at Monaco then?
Maybe explains the lack of music?

minigames seem boring, would have liked to see some arcade games. I guess the vibrant and noise environment from Shenmue II seems missing.
See above -- it feels empty without music, which the E3 build apparently has.

I don't know why IGN would even be allowed to upload what is literally the first Shenmue III gamrplay on the internet...without music. It's a poor representation of the game. And if it is older footage, why not release newer footage from E3?

Hopefully that's coming at some point.

I don't know why IGN would even be allowed to upload what is literally the first Shenmue III gamrplay on the internet...without music. It's a poor representation of the game. And if it is older footage, why not release newer footage from E3?

Hopefully that's coming at some point.

Well Huber did mention there was B roll on Deep Silvers media page, but they couldn’t get it to download.

I don’t know if the B roll is that iGN footage or what

The more I watch these videos the more I love them. The environment and the atmosphere are so Shenmue. The old master, the guy Ryo fights, the shop keeper and some of the stall workers look absolutely great. Some of the NPCs (the turtle stall owner in particular) need work, as does some of the animation, but it's like 90% there to being everything I wanted.

Is this that other gambling game from Shenmue II? Seems like it'll be playable or why would they keep the pricing board up there?

The lighting and shadow in the clip with the moustache lucky hit guy is so nice. The way the shadows from the trees move around on the ground ? Shadows being cast onto the lucky hit boards is a nice touch.

The only downside from the mini-game footage, in my eyes, is the NPCs popping in/out a split-second too late. It happens after Ryo finishes the turtle race, and when he uses the capsule toy machine. I don't really care if NPCs disappear during mini-games -- the camera's always tight on Ryo during them -- but it has to be seamless. Having them visibly pop in/out on-screen is sloppy and distracting. It seems like the type of thing they'd polish up though.

Back